• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeronII 700 and overclocking on abit VH6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

burly

Registered
Does anyone think it will be possible to hit 1ghz with a orbe cooeler and this setup (viedo will probaly be TNT 2 U or geforce2MX). Has anyone even tried to OC this processor I tried lat night and was not able to even get to cpu post on abit bh6 after setting FSB to 133 and cpu Voltage to 2.0 will post @ 700/66 just fine but wont get viedo with anything higher. same board got PIII 450 to post and boot into windows 98 @ 600 with no problems default Voltage and 133 FSB

From what I have seen, cel2 700's seem to overclock fairly well depending on your setup. My 700 runs at around 940(posts at 938). I run it at an 89 mhz fsb with the voltage set at 1.85. If the voltage is set any lower than that, Windows refuses to even process the registry, only the realmode stuff will load. My setup(lowly as it is) is as follows:

abit be6-II v1.2
celeron-II 700 <cB0 stepping>
golden orb w/cheap radio shack thermal grease
trashy "pc100"(bah!) 32mb dimms(2)
voodoo 3 3000
cheap pci cards
ibm 7200 10gb and an old maxtor 10gb
teac 32x cdrom and a teac 4x4x32 cdrw

Not great, but it gets the job done. Anyway, look at voltage man, took me forever to get the balls to bump it up to 1.85, but it ran great when I did. Let us know what happens.

Thats cool that restores some hope to reach my gaol of 1ghz . has anyone tried Ocing on the abit VH6 board is it good for Ocing right now I am using a ab-bh6 that the second ide is blown and the first is going but I got i out of a system I rpled the mobo for and benn messing with it sence so far I have got a PIII 450 @600 2.0V and 133FSB my 700 cely2 will not post above the 700/66 (like I sated before) but I did have some luck withy a celeron 333 today got it to 450 /w 90fsb and 2.3V would not post at 95FSB :( oh well thanks for the info

I have overclocked several 566 Celermines on the VH6 without problems. I had to wrap the pins for additional Vcore, but they all ran at least 100FSB. Stability was good, although performance was a little lower than the BX boards I have done. (But we all knew that...)

I think the celeron 700 is a bad choice as a cpu to OC. The 566 is ideal because you can increace the fsb a lot. Why is this a better situation? Memory bandwith! the Celerons are choked by the lowly 66mhz bus speed. I run my 566@970 1.8v with an alpha and the 115 fsb really helps keep the cpu from starving. I use this speed for everyday use and it is stable as i am writing this now i have not rebooted in over 2 weeks.

Back