• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clockin my Celeron 633????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
batboy said:
Something like that might just work. I would not use superglue though. I might try clear fingernail polish or something similar like that. You would still have to connect VID3 and VSS pins like you said, but isolating VID1 would give you 1.95v not 1.8v like you figured. However, if you isolated VID2 (plus connected VID3 and VSS), that would give you 1.85v, which just might work ok if you have good cooling. If you didn't get VID2 completely isolated though, you'd be at 2.05v, so be careful. This is a good idea, we just have to think it out carefully to make it work. Of course, you could remove the VID2 pin, but that's very drastic and I don't like that idea. Maybe other members can help out with ideas. Good luck.
the celeron 800 in my sign.....
with the mod pin is @2.05 without problem.....
:)

well i have connected the VID3 to the VSS and i now run at 950 MHz with 2.05v and it has worked nice so far.. though i have only run my comp with a 3D game for 1h.. hmm.. well i'm gonna try to isolate the VID2 with nailpolish like batboy said =). and hope that will work.. cuz im a little worried right now =/.. because my CPU temp doesn't work so i don't know what temp i've got.. hmmm.. and thats not too nice.. heehee..

my CPU temp has never worked...
is there anyway i can fix it??

but so far im verry happy to run at 950 MHz..
tried to just boot with 1000MHz.. and that worked.. but im not ready to try running on that speed yet... hope it'll work fine in the future..

WriSt said:
well i have connected the VID3 to the VSS and i now run at 950 MHz with 2.05v and it has worked nice so far.. though i have only run my comp with a 3D game for 1h.. hmm.. well i'm gonna try to isolate the VID2 with nailpolish like batboy said =). and hope that will work.. cuz im a little worried right now =/.. because my CPU temp doesn't work so i don't know what temp i've got.. hmmm.. and thats not too nice.. heehee..

my CPU temp has never worked...
is there anyway i can fix it??

but so far im verry happy to run at 950 MHz..
tried to just boot with 1000MHz.. and that worked.. but im not ready to try running on that speed yet... hope it'll work fine in the future..
:):):)
good job....

Back