• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100i GTX and i7 6900k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lili889

Disabled
i can get the Corsair H100i GTX off newegg right now for $84 after mail in rebate so i wanted to know if this will work and keep the i7 6900k cool or no? is this a good one for that cpu?

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
When you can grab a $1200 CPU, not sure it is worth saving $50 to grab a mid end air cooler! ;)
Yes, the H100i GTX will do a good job and allow some decent overclocking.

Like i said, worth it IF he's not planning on overclocking much, the 212 EVO push/pull should net him 4.4ghz/4.5ghz if he gets a decent chip, most don't go above that.

4.4/4.5GHz on a 6900k?

That's around the max overclock you'd get with ambient cooling...

Broadwell-E are not the best clockers. And the 6900K is a 8 cores! The 212 will barely allow stock clocks...

HAve a look at this (on a custom loop...):
No matter how much voltage we pushed through this CPU, our highest stable overclock was 4.3GHz. Beyond that, the system wouldn’t even boot up.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-broadwell-e-6950x-6900k-6850k-6800k,4587-9.html

Oh crap sorry read 6700k for some reason :rofl: pls disregard my previous posts.

Back