• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cya later Android!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pft, MixZing is the way to go for a media player! I use it both on my phone and my car head unit (an Erisin 778 running Android 2.3). Works great!

Once more, Go Launcher made the PAD on the Erisin head unit much faster and more customizable than the stock launcher. It's like a free performance boost. :thup:

Pft, MixZing is the way to go for a media player! I use it both on my phone and my car head unit (an Erisin 778 running Android 2.3). Works great!

Once more, Go Launcher made the PAD on the Erisin head unit much faster and more customizable than the stock launcher. It's like a free performance boost. :thup:

cool ill have to go download that one and try it out=)

Messing with kernels and what not, I forgot that there are no ICS kernels (at least for i9003). Flashed one with ODIN that was for GB, and well, got an obvious bootloop. Said "meh I could care less, I have a nandroid backup in my SD card". Removed the SD card from the phone, plugged it into my Kingston USB3.0 card reader and...

The card seems to be dead.

Yoohoo... Man, I got the phone perfectly tailored before this... WELL. BACK TO TINKERING. :rofl:

Nice Chance!

The CM's are always top notch...

txus, ACK that sucks! Hopefully you get it back up and running!

Ouch. :( As soon as I make a backup, I copy it to a folder I have on my desktop and file them by date.

If you were rooted, try using Titanium backup to do a restore of the "system data + apps." I used this once, and was able to return to exactly where my UI was set to. I really like the CM9 ICS rom, but AOKP seems to be a bit farther along in development. Cyanogenmod 9 is only in RC1 state right now. I have only found one bug so far, but I've also been on this rom for less than 24 hours. I like it as a whole though. If you were comfortable with AOKP, use that rom. Build 40 is supposed to be nice. :thup:

Droid Charge, it was a first generation LTE phone, came out just before the GNex. RIL is the radio interface layer, basically the drivers and firmware for the 4G radio. It's considered the post proprietary part of the code and we haven't had the deb support to reverse engineer the code. We sort of have CM9, but it's not stable enough for daily use, no camera/MMS/network data. Stuck to modified ROMs based off the stock Touchwiz.

Never got much debate attention cause of the meger specs (1GHz single core, 512mb RAM) and since the S2/GNex came out right after. But it does have a gorgeous Super AMOLED+ screen and the Wolfson DAC from the original Galaxy S, so after its tweaked to run smooth, it's not bad. Battery life is just downright terrible though...but there's no kernel devs left.

Awh man, that sucks. I actually liked Ginger Bread a lot though. I had second thoughts about moving to Ice Cream Sandwich, but the newer source code is a lot more efficient and runs way faster on my GS2. That said, I wouldn't sweat it. GB is still very nice.

Droid Charge, it was a first generation LTE phone, came out just before the GNex. RIL is the radio interface layer, basically the drivers and firmware for the 4G radio. It's considered the post proprietary part of the code and we haven't had the deb support to reverse engineer the code. We sort of have CM9, but it's not stable enough for daily use, no camera/MMS/network data. Stuck to modified ROMs based off the stock Touchwiz.

Never got much debate attention cause of the meger specs (1GHz single core, 512mb RAM) and since the S2/GNex came out right after. But it does have a gorgeous Super AMOLED+ screen and the Wolfson DAC from the original Galaxy S, so after its tweaked to run smooth, it's not bad. Battery life is just downright terrible though...but there's no kernel devs left.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1434387

Looks like an ICS build for it? CM9...

*EDIT

after further reading scratch that.. its dead in the water :/

Sorry :(

looking at new phones today (probably going to go with the samsung galaxy 3s) and saw a funny comment about how the biggest mod for an iphone is "jailbreak" and how it was named so because on that OS you basically in jail lol.

i think apple made a huge mistake not allowing flash to run on there phones it totally cripples web browsing on there phones all because there greedy and are afraid it might cut into there app store sales.

Personally ive never even bothered playing a web based flash game on any of my phones but apparently thats what there afraid of lol.

Back