• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D5 Pump Mounting Options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WackyWRZ

Registered
Hello watercooling folks - hoping to find a good solution to a problem I have. I recently bought an EK-XTOP Revo + D5 PWM pump combo at a really good price, but I have found that it is missing the pump mount. I've contacted EK and can get the mount for only $10 - but by the time I get it shipped here I am looking at almost $30!!. Does anyone know of any other less costly alternatives that I could use to mount it before I actually buy it from EK? According to EK they don't "normally" sell that piece so it's treated as a "spare part".

At $30 I am getting into territory of buying a different top (unless the EK one is really good).

Edit: The left-most piece in the picture is what I am missing (the rubber ring with the 4 hole base that clamps around the pump).

EegkLi2.png

Last edited:
Don't think that will work... Unfortunately my picture and description doesn't make it very clear. The piece I am missing is on the left side (the rubber ring with the 4 hole base) that clamps around the pump. Otherwise the pump/top itself doesn't have any mounting holes at all that I can see.

The only other options I can think of would be to buy a different top or zip tie it to the Phanteks Pump mount I already have. The EK top seems to be a pretty decent performer and it's not a bad setup for a mount either - just shipping really kills it! I suppose you really won't see the pump in my case where I am mounting it anyway - so zip ties might work but that just seems like a "hack job" lol!

Last edited:

Ok because if you would have bought it new and wouldn't have got your mounting ring it would have been an error on our side.

Because of the way the Revo is made, i'm not sure you'll find another mounting solution that can fit in there sadly.

What baffles me is the fact that the previous owner didn't get you the mounting ring. :sly:

I do appreciate the reply Luc. Yep I know it's not EK's error that's why I contacted support and asked how much it was to purchase one. :D

Blaylock's alternative seems to be the closest thing I am going to find - but I don't know that it's going to work because of the diameter of the top over the diameter of the pump itself - I'll measure more this weekend.

The previous owner didn't actually have it mounted because they didn't want the noise / vibration and just hung it by the hoses... I've actually seen quite a few people doing this with pumps lately and to me it's not a good solution. Especially on this pump where the mounting ring looks to be very well made for de-coupling purposes. I just wish the shipping didn't cost more than the parts!

Just for clarity the Alphacool clamps I listed are designed to clamp onto the reservoir not the pump. They are 60mm, the same as the EK Res.

Back