• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desert combat medical chopper ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

is this thing supposed to be able to land in water? it looks like it has floatation devices on either side of it. I tried before when i first saw it but it just sunk instead of immediately blowing up and the blades wouldn't work underwater. think they were trying to get it to land in water but couldnt get it to work?

I think it would be possible, if they just made the copter like the bmp2 but i think people would be able to crash it into the water without penalty, i guess i really dont know, but if someone knows how to make it, do it! :)

Last edited:
No the cannasters on the side of the medical blackhawk are NOT pontoons. It wont float it wont land it will sink and blow up if you try to land it in the water.

The medical Blackhawk in DC is more of a flying death trap.. you have to get way too low to heal your teammates making you instant stinger or in most caseses.. tank fodder.

My Personal peeve.. *******s who shoot down choppers with the tanks main gun

ah, then nevermind

still, it would be fun if you could land in the water :p, i think they should add it

rofl...using the tank's main gun is the best way to take out choppers!

actually, it's quite funny when you can actually take out an aircraft using the tank's main gun, heh. Takes a good bit of skill to time the shot well.

BTW, I haven't played DC online for a long time. Are there still 10 year olds playing? I cant stand to have some $#@$(&@#$%@)_%*$ n00b repeatedly blow up a plane/chopper because they cant get to it fast enough, only to crash instantly when they do get it because they dont know how to fly the dam thing. That's EXACTLY why I stopped playing online. Although, I did get pretty decent with the chopper offline. then there's the (&$@#%@#^&)( who mine the airstrip, I hate those @#%)(&@#. "FUHHHH IM SO LEET YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FLY CUZ IM BETTER THAN YOU SO IMA MINE AIRSTRIP SO YOU NOOBS DONT FLY FUHHHHHHHHH"

AGH I'm never playing that game online ever!!! rofl...that's why I stopped, and thats why I havent played online in forever. Heck, i've been flying chopper off line so much I think i'm starting to forget how to fly a regular plane, heh.

I love the helis in DC I rock at flying them especially the Apache. I thought the pods on the sides on the medic chopper were pods for casualties but I guess not. I have hit my friend Dian with a tank twice in a row when he was in a heli but he was being stupid and heading straight at me without dodging or anything. When .6 comes out they need to add the Comanche to the squad because they rock.

The new choppers in the game are gonna be the

MH-53_A.jpg

and the Little bird of black hawk down fame

Opposition finally gets some attention with at the very least 1 land vehicle that the coalition dosen't have..

EE-9_A.jpg

Then of course.. will the be LAG monkey

desertcombat_nimitz3.jpg

And no ALL those planes and choppers wont be on deck..
GOD can you imagine all the morons trying to get outta those parking spaces?.. Idiots can't even take off the carrier with only 2 planes w/o crashing

BTW you can see the little birds on the deck of the carrier.. here is a better picture

desertcombat_nimitz4.jpg

gentle touch, slow hand, and a good sense of your surroundings, I personally can do barrel-rolls in the black hawk at a fairly low altitude, and I love doing it, because almost every time, I wait till the chopper is full of people, and I'm in the middle of nowhere. You can imagine their surprise, when they bail out cause they think i'm gonna crash, when I pull off the roll and fly away with an empty chopper, rofl.

of course I always come back and pick them back up :D

*edit* oh, and I use mouse/keyboard. I tried joystick, but I can be more accurate in my flying with M/K.

Last edited:
ahhh you gotta get a joystick. That's what I learned how to fly chopper on...

and btw...

PRACTICE OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense intended, but nothing worse than a newbie coming in a server, loading up a chopper with a lot of people, and then crashing it before they get off the ground.

Plus, its MUCH easier to play offline...you dont have people with stingers taking you down a minute after you take off....the enemy AI cant shoot nearly as well as real players. That way you can learn how to manuever the chopper without worry of being shot down. Dont get me wrong, they can still take you out, especially if they get the AA tank out on the field...

Practice hovering I will say is the main thing. It'll teach you how to feel the minute movements of the chopper. Try to capture flags witout landing, it'll help a lot.

DaveSauce said:
ahhh you gotta get a joystick. That's what I learned how to fly chopper on...

and btw...

PRACTICE OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense intended, but nothing worse than a newbie coming in a server, loading up a chopper with a lot of people, and then crashing it before they get off the ground.

Plus, its MUCH easier to play offline...you dont have people with stingers taking you down a minute after you take off....the enemy AI cant shoot nearly as well as real players. That way you can learn how to manuever the chopper without worry of being shot down. Dont get me wrong, they can still take you out, especially if they get the AA tank out on the field...

Practice hovering I will say is the main thing. It'll teach you how to feel the minute movements of the chopper. Try to capture flags witout landing, it'll help a lot.

Thats exactly how I got so good, lots of practice offline with my Saitek X45 flight stick. I can hover, capture flags while hovering, it's great. It took me a long time to get good but now I can fly within 3 feet of the ground at full speed and follow the hills so i'm harder to detect, sooo fun.

I agree. once you learn how to fly well, it's so much fun to do it....makes you feel like you're actually flying a chopper, lol. It's funny.....my 9800 pro came with Commanche 4....and it sucks compared to flying in DC! It's WAY too easy...no skill involved at all. I suppose it's not a real chopper simulator.....but flying in DC is loads more fun because you do everything yourself. You dont have to worry about all the real things choppers do (like fuel and other stuff that "sims" are loaded with), but you get the satisfaction of knowing that most of the people there can not fly as well as you can. Commanche holds your hand....its got throttle presets...and whats worse is you actually have to try to crash. you're limited to a certain view, so you cant fly upside down or anything...

at least, thats what I gathered from training, lol....I honestly couldnt play past training. First because I ran into a bug where they wouldnt continue the lesson...and second because it's just way too easy and unrealistic.

Ahhh cant wait to finish my final classes today so I can get back to flying, hehe.

btw, anyone know of some good servers that I can play on without idiots blowing stuff up, or at the least admins to boot said idiots?

how do you guys fly with the mouse? ive tried before hoping i could get my shots a little more accurate but i couldnt do jack with it. i just use wasd and the arrow keys to fly. only thing i cant do very well is hover, i think the mouse scroller thing (thing that turns, forgot the word..) should be able to control the throttle

Back