• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fordsierra4x4 said:
Aah yes, but you have DDR2 800 - i have DDR2 667 thats already running waaaay over spec!
you can run a 1:1 ratio...add more volts and loosen the timings.

my best stable OC is 3.28 (365x9) at 1.48v

i can post up to 3.37 but it wont boot windows...

17 second 1M superpi time regardless of what speed my memory is running at 1t 800 2t 800 cas 4, cas 5, even up to 930mhz, still 17s super pi

for anyone wondering other 1M times are 1.8= 30s 2.4= 23s 2.7= 21s 3.0=19s

Still stuck at 360 x 9 although memory is 4-4-4-12 now. Stress Prime is running okay, but when i try and use the new 'Orthos' - it spazzes out with FATAL ERROR messages the second you hit 'go' - yet it'll happily boot into windows and run superpi upto 4M digits. It'll boot and do SuperPi even at 366x9 but still get the 'FATAL ERROR' crap - regardless of how much voltage i shove through the CPU. Anyone else had this problem, or know of a better way to measure stability?

This is where I am at so far with my first ever overclock. Week 41 Retail chip. Stock voltages and RAM timings. I ran TAT on both cores for 6hrs and they both max around 70c. Is that too high??? The Tuniq fan is at its lowest setting and the front case fan is not on, so I have more cooling headroom. untitled.JPG

No - i can run Stress Prime on one core at a time for 12 hours plus, but not both at the same time, it borks even at stock. Could it be having issues with XP64?

How is this? I lowered the Vcore, put the front fan on@5v, and turned the Tuniq fan up to around 1300 RPM. TAT has been running for about 4 hours now. I can increase the Tuniq fan more if I need to get those temps lower. Thanks for the heads up Evilsizer, and that is a nice OC you have.

untitled.JPG

cpu-z voltage works for some people... i have never had it work correcly for me, i would use the program included with the mobo for that.

@Rider
i would make the fans as loud as you can take with out being too loud. many will suggest to keep tat temps around 60-63c underload for both cores.

My Vcore is set at 1.25v in the bios. While finding the stable undervolt CPUZ would change the reported voltage as I changed it in my Bios, but it was always lower than what I selected. Vdroop maybe? If it is then my CPUZ has been correct. The program that came with my mobo reports the voltage higher than both CPUZ and Bios, so I don't know what to believe. It also reports a lot lower than TAT at load but I guess that is to be expected. At stock Vcore all three reported about the same.
I bumped up the Tuniq fan a touch more and continued TAT overnight. Temps never went over 63c. Everything seems stable so I am going to leave the OC alone for now and play with memory settings. My Nortbridge is not killer hot either, I put a finger on it before ending my TAT session and it was pretty warm but not bad at all. I plan on trying for more FSB, but satisfied for now. I am pretty happy with a 66% overclock on my first try :)

Back