• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first intel build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm that does seem like an idea that even knufire seems to agree to in this thread
Paired with a good GPU, my OCed 920 from 2009 can max out every game. You don't have to upgrade your CPU that often in gaming. If you have a three year old GPU like I do though, only nets me medium settings, and about 30FPS."
and we went with the 670gtx under the assumption i could run it 3 displays right away. but i just cant get myself to drop $700 (or more most likely due to my photo editing)

so i could save $170 now for a card that would last me 3 years and than just upgrade the card and start maxing out games again. but then again will it last me that long with great user experience? eg maxing out games and having that feeling that it was money well spent not having issues running games at high settings within two to three years or so of paying 1500 bucks

and the galaxy card just went out of stock at the moment which complicates things more for me, whether to wait and get the deals i can on the products i can and pay the $7 shipping for the card separately when it comes back online or gamble and wait and potential lose out on ending deals.

i have to apologize for my indecisiveness as im sure its quite annoying, this is however the most money ive ever laid down at once. everything else is set in stone just the gpu! darn you PolePosition with your potentially good ideas.

im fine with jumping down to one screen when that time comes and i can flip flop around depending on what game id like to have the extra real estate vs the extra details and pretty shadows

going to order everything tonight. i owe you big knufire and thanks everyone!

build was a success although locking it in with the load plate was scary as it was making noises like i was bending pins or something cause i didnt know they "spring" up against the cpu.

temps seem pretty high though for aftermarket cooler after 15 or so minutes of prime 95 its at 60C stock clock

and the galaxy card just went out of stock at the moment which complicates things more for me, whether to wait and get the deals i can on the products i can and pay the $7 shipping for the card separately when it comes back online or gamble and wait and potential lose out on ending deals.

i have to apologize for my indecisiveness as im sure its quite annoying, this is however the most money ive ever laid down at once. everything else is set in stone just the gpu! darn you PolePosition with your potentially good ideas.

Where one deal has passed you by, its only a matter of a day, week, or so until a better one comes along, but one thing I learned about Newegg is that when there's a promotional offer on something you really like, need, or want, you best jump on it right then. Procrastinating cost me some savings as well when I did finally place my order.

I'm sorry if I caused you any confusion or forced you to delay your purchase.

build was a success although locking it in with the load plate was scary as it was making noises like i was bending pins or something cause i didnt know they "spring" up against the cpu.

temps seem pretty high though for aftermarket cooler after 15 or so minutes of prime 95 its at 60C stock clock

60C is perfect, no worries at all. Good temps. Won't see that in normal use anyway.

What are the coretemps? Use Realtemp.

Back