• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free weekend for World of Warcraft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

I loaded it up and messed around for 10 min... Brought back memories from back in the day. My Tauren Druid is still 82 and that hasn't changed in years.

Just an FYI for those curious about the game. Graphics looked ok.

Runs well enough on a 660ti/1050ti if you got a decent CPU, any 4c/4t+ Intel or Ryzen :thup:

Last edited:
Got me beat on WoW.
WoW.JPG

Then Warframe;
Warframe.JPG

And War Thunder
Gaijin.JPG

And the Wargaming trio (Tanks, Warplanes, Warships)
Wargaming.JPG

And that's nowhere near all of them. Now I know where all the space on my 512 GB "boot drive" went. LOL

I log in and do BGs on my 120 undead priest every few days. Keep saying I want to work on my professions but I don't have the time any more :(

I tried the trial for 10 hours in 2004 and forced myself to walk away from it due to the potential of it being a life altering time sink (I don't have a lot of will power :rofl:). :p

I can testify it's a life altering time sink, been at it since 2004 as well :rain: "Just one more quest", "wait just finishing a dungeon", "my friends called me to this BG, it will be quick i promise", "5m to finish a farming route", "just one more pet i promise..."...

Same boat as Earth Dog. Got my hands on a beta account back then, had to walk away. Ironically WoW was the *end* of my MMO addiction. Well until this silly phone game appeared...

Good to see it is still going... fortunately I never got into it, trying a free trial way back whenever, and more recently when they did the lower levels for free, I had another dip and didn't get sucked in that time either. So I never got as far as needing to pay a sub.

However, I'm doing all the timesink things in FFXIV instead... same problem, different world.

Who's actually playing the latest expansion? I got back in for Warlords, but didn't stick around for Legion. I've been hearing and reading a lot that the latest expansion is just a mess.

How to best sumarize...

Upside : New races/Raids/Islands to explore, whole new questline that puts the Alliance and Horde on a direct warpath again (Teldrassil gets burned down by Sylvanas, the new Horde warchief), a lot more lore and addition of new scenarios called "Island Expeditions" for 3 players PvE or PvP that reward tons of pets/mounts and the new Legendary currency Azurite, new 20 player PvE battlegrounds, proper DX12 implementation with some nice FPS gains. Other minor stuffs.

Meh side : 1-120 levelling time increased (almost back to old days), Tanks and Healers redesigned to take more damage so as to force players to pay attention and actually use cooldowns (no more easily grabbing whole rooms while the healer dps/afk), Tank threat and damage down which is hilarious when doing Mythic+ with Skittish attribute, Druids are still meh overall even though they got buffed 2x, Demon Hunters are still kings, heading in for the 3rd raid and still no flying in the new areas, a lot of quest-lines/profession stuff gated behind reputation (this might actually the most annoying part for the casual player because it will take you on average a couple months to get Exalted with all factions).

That doesn't sound all that bad actually. Returning back to classic style sounds just fine. I was hearing a lot of complaints with the raids and progression and azurite meaning nothing.

Azurite is basically the same system as Legion with the legendary weapon, you do quests/dungeons/raids to pick up the stuff and make your necklace stronger (higher ilvl/more stats). It is required as Head/Shoulder/Chest slots also get 5 extra abilities according to your neck level but some classes get more benefit then others (hence the complaining, but that's up to class tuning). In the current raid you get 385/400/415 ilvl gear and the 1st 2 extra traits (from each piece) can make or break a fight during progression/Mythic+, the other 3 are more utilitarian. Raids and progression are the same as always, LFR/normal is usually roflstomp, HC needs tactics and a good team, Mythic is the usual pain the the *** with room for dozens of wipes.

Mythic+ is the equivalent of Diablo 3 Rifts (with a 5 man team), do a dungeon to get a key to do it 8.5% harder ad infinitum, at 11 everything inside has double health and does double damage compared to regular Mythic. Every week you get 4 traits to make it harder on top of the difficulty cap, to me personally is worth doing up to 10 to give gear equivalent to HC raid + specific amount of azurite :

https://www.wowhead.com/mythic-keystones-and-dungeons-guide#mythic-overview

https://www.wowhead.com/mythic-keystones-and-dungeons-guide#mythic-affixes

Last edited:
I tried the trial for 10 hours in 2004 and forced myself to walk away from it due to the potential of it being a life altering time sink (I don't have a lot of will power :rofl:). :p

You made the responsible choice. I wasted 5 years of my life on WoW. Played like 16 hours a day (10 at home, 6 at work), got fired from that job eventually in 2009, then I quit WoW. :D

After that I turned my life around after a stint of depression and heavy drinking.

Back