• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freez or stutter every few mins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Ok, guys, I wasn't sure where to put this as I'm not sure what is causing it. Every few mins I get a short freeze or stutter in my system. I've run AV and spyware checks to make sure nothing is causing it like that. I've made sure no programs got installed I didn't know about. I've checked my task manager to see what's running, I see nothing out of the normal. I've checked the programs starting up at boot, again nothing out of normal... I got no idea if there is a log somewhere that might have what is running that may cause this issue? My mouse seems to go a bit wild now and then so I have updated the corsair cue software as I got their mouse.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Rob

What operating system? EDIT: Looks like you are running Windows 10?

MSCONFIG, services, hide all Microsoft services. Then sort through the list for anything suspect.

Just in windows, right? Not games etc?

Are you seeing a hdd blip at the time? What happens in task manager in real time? Do you see blips?

That vertex 3 is ooooollllld...

in windows 10 go into settings, notifications and disable all system messages in that tab, then go into services and disable BITS, superfectch, and windows search. this usually fixes a ton of performance issues in windows 10, first thing i do on all win10 installs.

Did you do any offline scanning for viruses? Some of them hide pretty well while Windows is running. Bitdefender offers a free offline scanner that boots from an optical disk.

Just in windows, right? Not games etc?

Are you seeing a hdd blip at the time? What happens in task manager in real time? Do you see blips?

That vertex 3 is ooooollllld...
??????? I agree with ED, this stands out to me also.

The vertex 3 were good drives, however. I got a couple of used ones a few years ago and they did me good. But regardless, they either work or they don't unless they are getting too full and then performance can slow way down. 120 gb ain't much space so I wonder about that.

ok, guys first off thanks for helping out I've had to work for the last few days, just getting around to deal with this agian. I know my drive is older but this seems to happen every few mins but I am looking at a new drive. But for now, Id like to try and fix it if ya know what I mean. I get this lag or stutter in games or just surfing web site but it doesn't affect like when Netflix is playing its more like my mouse lags up also scrolling or moving around. I'm watching the task manager to see if its a certain app that is triggering it or not and I have run online and offline AV and spam programs and a program to clean up the system.

Looks like a good deal to me but in general, flash technology is cheaper than it ever has been right now.

Back