• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

games repeatedly minimize

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper848

Registered
Lately I've been haveing a problem with games suddenly minimizing and then when i click on them on the taskbar, they go up to a black screen for maybe 3 seconds, then minimize again. This happens with Sim City 4 and Battlefield 1942, both EA Games. But i can also run NFSU2 without any problems. Any help is appreciated. This is really starting to **** me off... :bang head :bang head

i hate to sound like a n00b, but what is "F@H"?
and i noticed that i've got a "~e5d141.tmp"...anybody know what this is?

THanks

I had similar problems but it was due to a keyboard related issue. Where if I'd hit enough keys at the same time it activated a command that opened calculators, lots and lots of calculators on the desktop and usually minimized the game.

Real pain in the arse but all I had to do was get a new keyboard, had the issue through many installs so I thought it was a MB issue possibley, my guess was wrong. So try another keyboard and if it does the same thing, well thats not the problem then.

If folding@home causes your games to minimize, it is likely because you are using the graphical client. Use the One-Click service install and you won't even know it's running, find out more and get the One-Click here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231247 . We could use some more folders!

However, it doesn't sound like you have FAH installed. Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? What programs do you have running in the background? Can you post some specs/info on your system so we can better help you out? :)

i used to get it all the time the trick is when it minimizes and then u go to your taskbar and when u get those three seconds of black screen keep clicking on the mouse repeatdly...

Maybe it's adware causing something to pop up and minimize ur game. Or a virus. Just make sure u don't have any of these by scanning for them with programs like adaware and a virus scanner.

I have the problem too. For me its spyware. A process called rads something installs itself every night on my computer regardless of what sites I visit. I cant seem to block it but Ad-Aware removes it. So I run one of those 10 second smart scans everytime I turn my computer on now before doing anything else.

Back