• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE 990FXA Not saving Overclock AMD Phenom X4 965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jekel35

Hello,
I have a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0) with AMD Phenom II X4 965. When I update the BIOS to overclock, it saves but when Windows 7 loads up and I check CPU-Z, it states that the Multiplier that I've updates is still at 17. The only thing that will remain update is the Bus Speed, which I've updated to 205.

FYI, I plan on upgrading my CPU to AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core as I have it new in the box

My build:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970
PSW: RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V

Hello,
I have a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0) with AMD Phenom II X4 965. When I update the BIOS to overclock, it saves but when Windows 7 loads up and I check CPU-Z, it states that the Multiplier that I've updates is still at 17. The only thing that will remain update is the Bus Speed, which I've updated to 205.

FYI, I plan on upgrading my CPU to AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core as I have it new in the box

My build:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970
PSW: RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V

Just toss in the FX-8300 then. No need to get a headache on that ancient chip :p

We have seen a few of these recently. Something in the BIOS on some newer Giga boards is breaking the PII overclockability. As Itachii said if the plan is for the 8300 put it in and save the hassle. Get a decent cooler for it and you're all set.

Thank you all! I'm thinking I will be swapping out the CPU this weekend. I will update you if that the winner.

Back