• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE GIGABYTE Launches Z77X-UP7 Overclocking Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Board looks to be fantastic. I really like my MVE, but I wouldn't complain if I had one of these puppies too :)

Don't quote me on this, but I think the goal is to test this head to head against the MVE. We'll also probably throw in some comparison to the ASRock Formula board as well. Can't wait to see which one comes out on top.
:attn:

Looking forward to a heads up with the MVE...

Asus has stated its not all about the number of phases... Gigabyte obviously feels different.

Should be intresting!

When should we expect the article?

Gigabyte has always loved marketing phases. I'm curious how many actual phases this thing has. My guess is eight, split four times each. For the CPU, anyway.

EDIT:
Based on the pictures it looks like it might be six split six times each.

Gigabyte has always loved marketing phases. I'm curious how many actual phases this thing has. My guess is eight, split four times each. For the CPU, anyway.

EDIT:
Based on the pictures it looks like it might be six split six times each.

LOL.. Yeah... I was watching a video on this thing somewhere the other day...

In that video they stated it had the potential to deliver either 2000 or 4000 amps... I can't remember which they said... To the CPU.

I just LOL'd... It would take WAYYYYY fewer than that to completely vaporize the CPU... and the board... and anything nearby.

Back