• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaram TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reefa_Madness said:
Oooppss...triple post, actually make that a quadruple. Sorry...but then, its not like I'm trying to add to my post count or anything.

Later guys, I'm off to enjoy the outdoors.
yeh looking for "hoolio" who sells cheap bh5 outa the back of his trunk outside mabey :D lol

have fun as i have my daughter today also,we gonna slam some BBQ ribs !:D

Refer back to post #20:

"I'm a collector of sorts..."

If I wanted a single rig, then yes, I could sell it all today and build one. But then what am I going to use in my other 12 mobo/cpu combos if I've sold all my DDR ram....?

It is only worthless if you don't have a use or a purpose for it. I have both, therefore it will never be worthless to me. It does not sit around unused. It is played with on a regular, rotating basis.

And for the record, I didn't take it wrong...I'm just clarifying my position for you so that you would have a better understanding as to why I "horde".

I really do prefer the term "collect".

deathstar, i was gonna post something exactly like that, but i thought risky subject matter! i wish i had a job, id buy all sorts of ram and goodies. this summer i think a jobs gonna be coming my way, so i might be a future ram junky. i cant wait to see the reports of what kinda chips are in those. i *think*, and take that think lightly, that 3700 might be some new kinda ram from samsung, maybe tcc5. just my guess. nice job taking one for the team deathstar. its nice out so time to go have some skateboarding fun!

I'll send you a PM later, got to get some yard work done.

Guys,
It was never my intent to turn this into a "lookee what I've got" kinda thing so how about you send me a PM if you want to discuss gear, OK?

The thread topic is Gigaram.

Now...got to go do my yard work.

Last edited:
Reefa_Madness said:
Refer back to post #20:

"I'm a collector of sorts..."

If I wanted a single rig, then yes, I could sell it all today and build one. But then what am I going to use in my other 12 mobo/cpu combos if I've sold all my DDR ram....?

It is only worthless if you don't have a use or a purpose for it. I have both, therefore it will never be worthless to me. It does not sit around unused. It is played with on a regular, rotating basis.

And for the record, I didn't take it wrong...I'm just clarifying my position for you so that you would have a better understanding as to why I "horde".

I really do prefer the term "collect".
if its used and not collecting dust i very much see why this is collected :)

now go outside! :p

why do I have that sick feeling the price on this stuff is gonna shoot up in the next two weeks?

deathstar13 said:
well i for one am almost convinced its tccd as seeing pc3700 2.0-2-2-5 @2.5v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221129

i know of nothing else but tccd that could do that. hell id even doubt most tccd could run that at 2.5v unless its heavily tested wich would account for the much higher price.

will i get some you ask? not at the moment i wont.im working on a new cpu/mobo combo first.
Those 3700 must be with utt winbond chips.
Some tccd can scale to 240 with 2-2-2-5 with 3.1V and thats the limit with cas 2.
la2403bj.jpg

Last edited:
dumo said:
Those 3700 must be with utt winbond chips.
Some tccd can scale to 240 with 2-2-2-5 with 3.1V and thats the limit with cas 2.
la2403bj.jpg

It would almost have to be either really good TCCD or really good BH-UTT to be able to hit 233 at 2-2-2-5 with only 2.5v. Heck, I sure don't have any TCCD or Winbond that will do that, either the Winbond needs more juice, or the TCCD needs relaxed timings.

Of the two I would say new bh would be the most likely, the most plentiful and the least expensive.

I have to admit, my interest in these is rising. Could the PC4000 with 2.5-3-3-6 be using Hynix D5 chips like the OCZ PC3700 Gold Rev 3 uses? For $150 or so, shipped, that looks pretty good too for an Intel rig.

Edit:
Scratch that Intel stuff, these are rated for an AMD rig. Must be TCCD...what do we know about TCC5 (Rev F)?. I've read where one of the G.Skill guys, talking about TCC5 stated that the "F" is better than the "E" revision, but other than that I've heard little about these chips.

Must resist...

Last edited:
I'm thinking of taking the plunge with one of these...the only question is which one, PC3200 or PC3500. Any suggestions?

What platform are you going to using (A64/P4/?) them on and how fast does your system currently run and all that good stuff. Need system specs before any reasonable recomendations can be made.

Right, I should have included that stuff the first time around. Here are my specs:

Winnie 3000+ @ 2.6ghz, MSI Neo2, right now using Mushkin Value Ram, running on a 133 divider with the HTT at 306 or so.

Reefa_Madness said:
It would almost have to be either really good TCCD or really good BH-UTT to be able to hit 233 at 2-2-2-5 with only 2.5v. Heck, I sure don't have any TCCD or Winbond that will do that, either the Winbond needs more juice, or the TCCD needs relaxed timings.

Of the two I would say new bh would be the most likely, the most plentiful and the least expensive.

I have to admit, my interest in these is rising. Could the PC4000 with 2.5-3-3-6 be using Hynix D5 chips like the OCZ PC3700 Gold Rev 3 uses? For $150 or so, shipped, that looks pretty good too for an Intel rig.

Edit:
Scratch that Intel stuff, these are rated for an AMD rig. Must be TCCD...what do we know about TCC5 (Rev F)?. I've read where one of the G.Skill guys, talking about TCC5 stated that the "F" is better than the "E" revision, but other than that I've heard little about these chips.

Must resist...
i agree with everything you said on this.
but i gotta admitt we all are over looking a few things.
1.newegg could have mistakenly posted incorrect timiings.
2.the ram could be total hot air and not even come close to what they say they do.

but in all fairness ram prices have went threw the floor. they may have bought a large amount cheaply and wanna compete.

if it does turn out to be gold im in for a gig :) but will be 2 weeks :(

You need either to be able to run TCCD at high clocks with 1:1, or the 166 divider with the tighter timings. Our problem here is that we don't know how much headroom this ram has. You could get 217 with the 3500 and then get very little else. That wouldn't help you much. The 3700 at 233 with tight timings and the 166 divider gets you much closer. That or go for the high clocks and get the PC4000 for about $150 and hope it will hit 270-280 and your covered.

I'm not gonna be the first one to buy this stuff...... Just got my Redline. I'm dying to know what this stuff will do though...... What are the chances this could be TCC5?

im saying low chances of tcc5, cause well, i dont know the charecterstics of tcc5. it might be. there are no ics i know of that can do 2-2-2-5 with 2.5v at pc3700 speeds, so it could be a fluke.

Back