• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Giveaway: Speed up your storage with FuzeDrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
snip

We can always make an exception depending on interest. The "new" FuzeDrive has been modified for Intel systems but it will work on X370. I thought you were trying to ditch that thing Dolk?

snip

Plans haven't changed just yet. I'm still waiting for Zen 2 and not Zen++. I'm interested in TR but I'm not going to buy just yet. System's all good for right now, but I'd love to play with this kind of software.

I agree on the ruling.

Just did a double take on the original article, then read the user's guide. I don't have Windows 10 running on anything. It seems that's a requirement fore the software. Sorry. I'm glad I caught that now, though.

No it doesn't require NVMe but does need Win10 good catch Alaric.

Only a few days left. It would be nice to get at least five guinea pigs ha ha

Just wanna let you know i wont be able to start testing on sept 1st but i will be able to begin testing on sept 2nd (should less than a day). if further testing is required, my week off ends on sept 7th. is that ok?

EDIT: also seeing how we have less volunteers here, could i have some of my friend join overclockers so they can test? i know the requirement is 30 days, but still wanted to know anyway.

Last edited:
If you're short of testers I can pick up a cheap SSD and put W10 back in my rig for testing purposes. I can use it for everything except my Media Center needs to get data on how it works. I already had it installed on my rig once, so updates and product key are no problem. Obviously, if you can get people who can get long term use out of it that would be preferable, but I'll offer my services if they fill a niche for the project.

Just out of curiosity has this been tested on older hardware and known to be unfunctional or are the specs just a strong "recommendation" ?

If there are extra copies I *do* know someone with the required hardware that I would pass it along to, but I cant speak to whether they would share before and after results (or do them). :D

Just wanna let you know i wont be able to start testing on sept 1st but i will be able to begin testing on sept 2nd (should less than a day). if further testing is required, my week off ends on sept 7th. is that ok?

EDIT: also seeing how we have less volunteers here, could i have some of my friend join overclockers so they can test? i know the requirement is 30 days, but still wanted to know anyway.

The testing doesn't have to be shared immediately G_K so that's not an issue. Also seeing the lack of interest if your "friend" is willing to do the work I think we can bend a rule a bit.

If you're short of testers I can pick up a cheap SSD and put W10 back in my rig for testing purposes. I can use it for everything except my Media Center needs to get data on how it works. I already had it installed on my rig once, so updates and product key are no problem. Obviously, if you can get people who can get long term use out of it that would be preferable, but I'll offer my services if they fill a niche for the project.
That's cool Alaric. Do you have another old spinner around? It shows the best gains when OS is on a spinner and the SSD is then added in for the virtual drive

Just out of curiosity has this been tested on older hardware and known to be unfunctional or are the specs just a strong "recommendation" ?

If there are extra copies I *do* know someone with the required hardware that I would pass it along to, but I cant speak to whether they would share before and after results (or do them). :D

The recommendations are the only platforms they work on X370, X470, z1-2-370.
I would have to say no, if they're not willing to take a bit of time to share some testing it kind of defeats the purpose.

I have a Velociraptor (300 GB) I can try, too. Might be interesting to see what gains there are with a fast spinner. I may have a SATA/IDE adapter to plug in an old 5400 RPM Maxtor. I'll check my Closet O' Financial Doom. LOL

That should work on a X399 as well correct?

Setup I would do is;

Samsung 500GB NVME M.2 (Boost) to Samsung 850 500GB EVO SSD (OS STORE) + 4GB of DDR4 3000Mhz on my Threadripper 1920X. :attn:

My system is as follow;
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X 12-Core |RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz 32GB 4x8|MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming |VIDEO: 2x AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition |CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 |M.2: SAMSUNG 970 500GB |SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB |HDD: 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | PSU:Corsair RM850x V2 |COOLER: Noctua NH U14S TR4-SP3 | Water Cooled: EK 360mm rand on both GPU with D5 pump + Res.

Last edited:
I've added Alaric back to the list and included ITAngel since the X399 is also supported according to their website.

Licenses have been sent via PM to
Alaric
Dolk
(G{in}[AK)TION]
ITAngel

Any questions, issues or whatever just post here. The staff at Enmotus has offered any help that may be needed if it comes to that. One heads up, after building the virtual SSD if for some reason you need to break it or start over make sure you break it down using the Fuzedrive software or you can really mess things up.
Looking forward to your results!

I will start a thread here soon I need to back up several things first and I just installed a bunch of software into the M.2 lol To do this right I am going to fuzed a M.2 + SSD and then see if I can attached the 1TB to it not sure if that will work along with the 4GB Ram allocated to it. I will start a post or share the info here all depends how you want us to do this Johan45?

is there a program i can use to check the launch time of games and programs? or must i eye ball it all with a stop watch?

EDIT: programs like boot racer...which i just used a while ago to test windows boot times.

There was a program that checked boot times, program loading, etc.. I can't remember the name of it now, but it started with an "O".

Back