• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Giveaway: Speed up your storage with FuzeDrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just used a stopwatch to check windows times but usinf a HDD for OS and adding an SSD the times were so obvious. I found it's most noticeable when using slower storage for the OS then adding in the faster drive to speed it up

That's what I saw when I played natural selection 2 last night. Game used to take ages to load even on some of the faster storage. not sure if they fixed it though or if this actually helps because the game took like less than 2 seconds to load when you connected to a server without downloading any extras.

That's what it's supposed to do. Did you get any "before" times/benchmarks?

That's what I saw when I played natural selection 2 last night. Game used to take ages to load even on some of the faster storage. not sure if they fixed it though or if this actually helps because the game took like less than 2 seconds to load when you connected to a server without downloading any extras.

I'd credit that to the FuzeDrive software. I got rid of all spinning rust years ago, but at the time, it changed NS2 (and many other games) load times from minutes to seconds. EA "Frostbite" games, on the other hand... I'm not sure what the heck they waste so much time on, but it's quite annoying that faster storage appears to do nothing for them.

That's what it's supposed to do. Did you get any "before" times/benchmarks?
Only for boot times. Still looking for the program that checks load rimes. I also ran crystal disk info once but succumbed to sleep. Will be testing a little more today.

I think you meant to put it this way.

That's what I saw when I played natural selection 2 last night. Game used to take a long time to load even when i had used intel SRT. I dont know if unknown worlds did fix their game where it loads faster though but i will test it again after i disable fuze to make absolute sure that its fuze doing its job although i have noticed that the computer is quicker at loading programs and games. All i need now is a program records the amount of time it takes for it to launch. I know that i am going to need a stop watch to see how long it takes for games with no modding support (like battlefield and overwatch) to load.

fixed

While i do have some videos of me running some before and after, i kind of stopped almost at the end because my smartphone (galaxy s9) died and im waiting for it to charge up.

But while i was waiting for the to phone charge i looked at the giveaway and the instructions were to leave some feed back only.

I kind of feel like a donkey...But ill still probably make the video anyway if the mods find it good (will be asking about in mod hotline)

MY FEEDBACK

This software is amazing. Does what it should and is able to store more than intel SRT which is great considering that i play alot of games and run many different sorts of programs and that my sister also uses this computer for lots of other different things. This is something that intel SRT just cannot fully accomplish in fully caching most of if not all. What also makes this software great is that unlike Intel SRT, i dont need to have the computer already set in RAID mode.

Will definitely buy another license for other computers in my home should the need call for them. or not since they MIGHT change to AMD later.

Last edited:
While i do have some videos of me running some before and after, i kind of stopped almost at the end because my smartphone (galaxy s9) died and im waiting for it to charge up.

But while i was waiting for the to phone charge i looked at the giveaway and the instructions were to leave some feed back only.

I kind of feel like a donkey...But ill still probably make the video anyway if the mods find it good (will be asking about in mod hotline)

MY FEEDBACK

This software is amazing. Does what it should and is able to store more than intel SRT which is great considering that i play alot of games and run many different sorts of programs and that my sister also uses this computer for lots of other different things. This is something that intel SRT just cannot fully accomplish in fully caching most of if not all. What also makes this software great is that unlike Intel SRT, i dont need to have the computer already set in RAID mode.

Will definitely buy another license for other computers in my home should the need call for them. or not since they MIGHT change to AMD later.

Feedback is good but also before after screen shots, benchmark comparisons any thing you'd like to share
I was quite surprised at how well it worked as well G_K, apparently the vSSD is something they have migrated over from their server software.

I've had multiple health issues hit me this week and haven't even downloaded it yet. I'll get to it, I promise. I'm just having a very bad week right now.

What is wrong with RAID mode?

Nothing much. Its more of a windows related issue being that AFTER you installed windows and then set the storage controller to RAID mode, windows would show the BSOD at splash. Which also really sucks considering that intel SRT requires that you have the computer already set in RAID mode before installation. I know that there are registry changes you could make to the windows registry to allow for RAID mode to work, but then thats starts to turn into something like an annoying side quest. Plus FUZE allows for a bigger virtual C: drive which is like 256gb or more vs. intels limited 64gb cache.

Nothing much. Its more of a windows related issue being that AFTER you installed windows and then set the storage controller to RAID mode, windows would show the BSOD at splash. Which also really sucks considering that intel SRT requires that you have the computer already set in RAID mode before installation.
Ahh, ok. But this is normal. Same thing would happen if you were on the other modes and switched. :)

EDIT: RAID mode with a single drive is no different than AHCI for all(most) intents and purposes. So if you have a single drive and need RAID mode for w/e, set it to RAID and let IRST do the rest. :)

Last edited:
As a side comment, when I installed Optane cache recently, the software install changed the bios setting for me. I always install in AHCI mode, and found it had changed when I went back later. So in that case, it took care of that problem.

I have been sick for 3 weeks and ended up in the hospital so now that I am out and finally feeling better. I am going to start planning on doing the FuzeDrive setup with my Samsung M.2 970 500GB SSD and might pick up a 4TB 5400rpm drive to Fuze with.

My computer is booting at 1m 13sec. Lets see if we can match that or at least be close to it with the FuzeDrive combo.

Okay so here is what I got. I was going to go with a 6TB drive but the deal failed. The way I tested this was to use existing setup because if I end up buying a large drive on Black Friday. Then I can attach it this way to my current M.2 configuration.

Boot Time
Desktop (AMD) Threadripper 1920X
500GB Samsung M.2 970 = 42s Boot (OS Boot Time) (Best Boot Times)
500GB Samsung M.2 970 = 1m 13s Boot (OS Boot Time) (Main Boot Time)
500GB Samsung M.2 970 + 1TB Seagate 7200rpm + 4GB Ram cache = Froze (First Boot) "I have way to many applications loading. This was not a fresh install this was a HDD added to my M.2."
500GB Samsung M.2 970 + 1TB Seagate 7200rpm + 4GB Ram cache = 1m 32s (Second Boot)
500GB Samsung M.2 970 + 1TB Seagate 7200rpm + 4GB Ram cache = 57s (Third Boot) (Best Boot Time)
500GB Samsung M.2 970 + 1TB Seagate 7200rpm + 4GB Ram cache = 1m 8s (Four Boot)
500GB Samsung M.2 970 + 1TB Seagate 7200rpm + 4GB Ram cache = 1m 8s (Five Boot) (Main Boot Time) (It still beat the 1m 13s main boot time on the M.2 alone).

*Note: This is loading a lot of start up programs that takes time on the system even after the OS has already booted. I am using Advance System Care to record boot time.

Laptop (INTEL) i5 Gen 7
Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming Laptop with GTX 1060 Max-Q!
256GB Samsung M.2 970 + 500GB Samsung EVO 850 = Working and fast boot time. No Time recorded.

Last edited:
So you're speeding up your storage drive? If so application load times would be beneficial

Yea I need to record application load times eventually. May do that today since I started doing this late yesterday. My idea is to use a M.2 to boost a large capacity drive such as a 6 to 8+ TB and see how loading a lot of applications will affect the drive boost performance. So far I am impress with the performance of it you can't tell if is a HDD running due to the M.2. I also allocated. 4GB Ram cache which I forgot to mention in there.

I have a few games that I can record since I already ran Overwatch I will try to run World of Warcraft and see what is the load time on it. I may download other steam games to test also.

Last edited:
Launch the following Games & Applications.

1. World of Warcraft (With Mods Custom UI)
First Time = 1m 04s -Updated format
Second Time = 22s

2. Planetera
First Time = 29s
Second Time =5s

3. Minecraft
First Time = 22s
Second Time = 18s

4. Monster Hunter World
First Time = 51s
Second Time = 42s

5 PowerDirector
First Time = 6s
Second Time = 3s

6. Photostory Deluxe
First Time = 20s
Second Time =9s

7. Komplete Kontrol
First Time = 34s
Second Time = 3s

8. Camtasia 9
First Time = 13s
Second Time = 6s

9. Xara Web Designer Premium
First Time = 15s
Second Time = 5s

10. MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe
First Time = 16s
Second Time = 3s

I have more that I can test but you can see the differences in two launches.

Last edited:
Back