• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GlobalWin WBK38 Noise Reduction ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Arg I just F***ed up that - the red wire on the fan goes to the YELLOW wire on the 4 pin connector - by default.

Take the "fan 4 pin connector" and take the red wire out and put it in the slot so it lines up with the yellow wire of the "power supply" If you wish change the black over also.

The red wire runs at 12V
The yellow runs at ~7V
For the power supply.
You may need to cut and strip a wire or two, but that is as technical as it gets

LoL--- I could need a sketch of this - i'm lost..not very technical am I.

The red wire from the fan is already in the slot together with the yellow wire from the power supply.

Np

Well try it with the the red wire from the power supply, if the fan increases speed and hence noise then well sorry this mod is not 4 u.

When you do get the cash, fan buses are pretty cool, and it allows some adjustments of fan speeds.

Or just get a bigger quieter fan, when you can

Yup...and that's the "easy" solution... lol, I don't have any income. I go to school...:D

Been there buddy,
well you can still give it a go, but if it is already connected to the yellow then i dont think it will work the way you want.
Beg borrow or steal 12$ and get a new fan from a swap meet

lol

well i know the feeling i put up with my delta for a month before i changed it, now its back on with a voltage mod through my fan bus

could you put a 60x25 Y.S Tech 26CFM ( 3pin ) on it so it would be quieter? 37dB rather than 47dBs for the delta.

I agree with el. The ys tech or a sunon 60mm high output. Both will be much quieter than a delta.
Switching the voltage to 7v is a ok idea for a case fan.
Using 7v on a 12v fan can cause fan starting problems, not good on a cpu.
The fan will run at a lower rpm and reduse the airflow anyway so may as well just get different fan.

I think actually that instead of a new fan, a weaker fan, or anything like that - i'll keep my old fan in, keep the duron at 900 instead of 1000, and wait till I can get a hold of one of those boxes to have ur cabinet in, sound proof with ventilation, ACE! :p

and it is actually only 34db which is even better!! only 26CFM but hey if you chips run cool! I hate the HAIRDRYER!!!

You could always place your whole system in a closet hehe, stuck mine inside within a day of installing the cak38. As a bonus, on friday installing my airconditioning unit... im looking into a small amount of tubing to funnel the cold air first into the closet, then the rest of bedroom gets the waste temperature. I might add i placed a large styrofoam block between the sliding doors and the computer, dropped it down even furthur.

MInd you a temp solution, within a few weeks think ill be water cooling.

you have 3 options, get a ys-tech which is still quite good, find a way of reducing noise (cover the inside with foam or cork) or get a really loud stereo

LoL - so that's why you're most deaf - massive stereo.
I thought about putting it in a closet or something, and that's my plan - making/buying a case (wood or other) that will shield the noise.

Do the voltage mod or buy a voltage regulator, dropped my delta from 7000 RPM to 4200 RPM and the noise is much better,
Still when i am playing games or doing some hardcore number crunching, like so 3D cad then i just switch it back to 7000 RPM and live with the noise,

Its like having 2 coolers,

Funneling a big fan down didn't work as well for me, but..............

Back