• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a new tinker-toy JIXIB 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can set the FSB to 200 and it'll boot as 1152 - it doesnt matter what I do with the multi. I'm wondering if the board is to blame?

Tha is too weird...

It is stuck at 100 X 11.5 - you should be able to change the FSB for sure - In the BIOS try choosing "load optimal settings", and then save and exit.

If when you change the multi it posts at the stock muli anyways (11.5) then it is multi locked - bu the FSB should change regardless!

Good luck - even if it is multi locked 2300-2400 MHz should be easy.

Hmmm... now I cant even get the thing to POST. When I power on, it just sits there. Wonder if the board is junk?

:(

Might be the board - the best solution is to find someone local with a Socket-A board who will let you test out the chip using their hardware. It really sucks when **** like that happens... :(

I have searched and searched. There is no way to re-set CMOS on this thing! I pulled the battery and unplugged it, but it's doing the same DANG thing. This board has got to be the problem.

Alrighty, just to keep ya'll updated. I am RMAing the motherboard. Its junk. I have dibs on the kt600 in the classifieds right now.

Until then, I had to make sure this CPU was working, so I took it to Mom's house and popped it into her old kt133 mobo. It works (wheeew!).

BUT - it's locked :( I set it to auto, and it detects it as an 1800, and set it to 11.5 multi and it is detected as an 1800, but under any other multi, it just doesnt post. Bummer.

I hope I can still hit 200fsb with it though!. 200*11.5 = 2300mhz. This has a good enough stepping that it should work, right?

Yep! I'll bet that chip can do 2200 MHz with a 1.5 Vcore, 2300 MHz with around 1.6 - really easy. Right now mine is at 2200 MHz stable, 1.45 Vcore actual while I (trying to at least- lotsa holes to cut still :() move my water system into my new case.

Thing is, (not sure), but IIRC the KT600 chipset can't hit a 200 MHz FSB due to not having locked PCI and AGP frequencies (I MIGHT BE WRONG!!!) :(

I would check up on it before buying - to pass 2300 MHz you need RAM and a board that can clear a 200 MHz FSB - and hit a 200 MHZ FSB to get to 2300 MHz int he first place. If you only have PC 2100 RAM or somesuch you can run the RAM out of sync, and still get the processor running happily at a 200 MHz FSB (although it isn't a great solution).

I am getting scared - only us three have been posting in this thread, and there are 25 replies...

it's not locked the old chipsets do not have the ability to change the multiplier so easyly only the N-force2 boards allow you to change the multiplier randomly

lol felinusz... I noticed that too. Well, I'll have to hope this all works out. Right now I have to assume that the chip is locked - unless someone else out there can tell me they have the same stepping and theirs is not. I'll post again when I get a new mobo in.

I was expecting several people to say that my chip is not locked and that it was just the motherboards I had it in.

Dont be too sure. Although the old KT133 I had it in COULD have been a problem, I doubt it. That setup also runs an 1800, but it's the "A" version. I could change the multi on the "A" chip, but not my "B"

Sounds like it is locked - although locked chips typically will still post at anyting but stock multiplier, and just use the stock multiplier instead - they don't usually fail to post . (hope that made sense, what with all the repition! ;))

I have the same stepping as you - but mine is 6 weeks younger. This is also strange, because untill now only DUT3C Thoroughbred processors were appearing locked. That processor *is* from the last batch ever made - so it should be a good one, regardless of multi lock ;)

First off ~~ D@MN @ Felinus with his 2600+ MhZ on his Jixib !! Wow !! ~~
The 1800 Jixib 0338's are locked .. Dltc and Dutc .. PLEASE reconsider getting a nForce2 board .. I recommend Albatron KX18D II Pro or DFI ultra Infinity or an Nf7-s .. If you have a good sound card already and dont need sata - I would say go with the nf7(non S)although Soundsorm with hardware acceleration and Dolby 5.1 on the nf7(S) is nice !! ..
You should definately be able to run that chip at 2500 mhz at 1.85 or 2400 at 1.75 !!
What kind of memory you running ??

hey timmy, sorry ive been away for a couple days, i seen ya callin me for some good ol' fashioned help. on your 7N400, the multis are locked no matter which settings you use. the only boards that allow you use of any multi besides stock are the pro, pro2, and 7NNXP. so dont go thinking your chip is locked just yet ;) you should be able to get some nice FSB with that KT600 mobo, and it wont be that far behind the nF2 performancewise. youre making a wise decision in RMAing that board, its not really good for OCing. the gigabyte board that i had wasnt too bad of an OCer, its just the newer revisions of the 7N400xx series that arent that good. i had the 7N400-L1, which is a derivative of the 7N400pro, and the 7NNXP. you are using a 7N400, which is a derivative of the 7N400pro2, which isnt very OCer friendly.

That sucks his is locked. I got an 1800 retail from newegg back in October. Dlt3c-jihxb-0333-unlocked, combined with a ABIT NF7-M,runnin at 2200mhz 200x11 @ 1.6v,w/SK6+and the SVC screamin loud 60mm fan. I built this system for my Dad. He said he doesn't mind the noise but man is it loud. It is a sweet chip makes me wish I would have kept it and gave him my 1700 I still have now.

Anyways the reason I was reading this thread is I bought some memory off Timmy 512 pc3200 2x256, and that is what is runnin in my dad system with the 1800xp.

Thought I would Drop in on his thread and see what kind of trouble he was up to :D .

Good luck Tim

Thanks cutter. Glad you like that ram - I wish I had it back for this system now... lol.

Anyway guys - thanks for all the feedback. I'll let you know what this new kt600 board says about the locked/unlocked question. Although I'm starting to accept the fact that "yeah, I think it's locked". Regardless, I hope that it can run a good high frequency despite having a locked multi.

I have been reading a couple threads here. Some guys are putting a lot of wofk into figuring out how to unlock these things. Sure hope someone figures it out. Do you all know if the wire trick could work to fool this chip?

i hand picked mine from the local computer store back in august. its a green wafer with a blue die. back then, i was looking for a 1700+ DLT3C, and then i came across the 1800s and i asked the salesman if i could look at them, and there were quite a few of them. i picked this because it was the newest week from what they had. im loving it so far, but i know its gonna take a better fan for me to hit 2500MHz. i should have my AS5 pretty soon. i hope it helps me get a bit further. the stuff im using is just junk generic silver compound.....so i hope the AS5 makes a difference.

Back