• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got it! Delta 80x38, 69cfm on SK-6:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fluxcapacitor

Registered
...I had been thinking about doing this for about a week, but I couldn't find both of the oversize clips that came w/ the SK-6. But, as we all know, when you clean your room it's amazing what you find, and I found that damn clip. I struggled for about 15 minutes trying to fasten the big Delta [80x38mm@69cfm] on there when I came up w/ the solution. Those clips are desinged to only fasten a 60mm fan down, so I drilled [actually dremelled] small holes in the Delta the same width apart as on a 60mm fan. Now, I still had to stretch the hell out of them to fasten the fan, but its on there, and its on really, really tight, I'm pretty comfortable its not coming off [God forbid, it'd prolly kill my whole system].

Then when I fired her up, I saw a good 5C or so temp drop from the Delta 60 [60x25@38cfm]. That's cool, for almost twice the airflow. But what's really sweet is that its lemm OC a bit higher. When I was waiting for Newegg to replace my dead a7v133, I ran this 266/1ghz chip in an a7v rev1.02 at 1404 [13x108] rock solid. But since going back to the KT133A board, I could not hit 1.4ghz. Either Windows wouldn't finish loading, or it would lock up, BSOD, the usual errors associated w/ OCing. But now since putting the bigger fan on, I'm running at 9.5x148 for 1405, and it seems to be rock solid. And its still at the default V Core of 1.75v too. How phatty is that for such a simple modification?

Back