• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 SILVER edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinbmxnig

Half Life 2 SILVER edition on STEAM

I just bought the Half life 2 silver edition from STEAM and i gotta say.."what a good deal" you get every half-life related game ever including CS:source...condition zero and the og halflife and all the mods for 60 bucks, i can't wait till every game can be purchased this way

austinbmxnig said:
I just bought the Half life 2 silver edition from STEAM and i gotta say.."what a good deal" you get every half-life related game ever including CS:source...condition zero and the og halflife and all the mods for 60 bucks, i can't wait till every game can be purchased this way

Thx for the heads up , gonna check it out . ;) :D

so you download them all at once? Im not really familur with this.... what if you need to reformat? do you get to download again? or is it like your account, you can always dl as long as your account is active?

Question: There are 3 stages of HL2 to download on Steam, but only 2 available by retail. Does anyone know what the regular retail version will include and how much it will cost for that matter?

First as long as u have a account you can redownloald, and to answer your question the retail price is the same as the dl. but dl it will save u the time to physically get from your chair (id buy it)... im not sure if the retail includes cscz

The silver ed. is def. the best way to go...

And, if you already own cs, cz, dod, etc, it'd be wise to create another account since those all come free w/ hl2.

So now I have 2 accts, both w/ cs, hl, dod, etc...and one w/ all the sources....

Just seems more logical to me :)

iLLestOne said:
The silver ed. is def. the best way to go...

And, if you already own cs, cz, dod, etc, it'd be wise to create another account since those all come free w/ hl2.

So now I have 2 accts, both w/ cs, hl, dod, etc...and one w/ all the sources....

Just seems more logical to me :)

Yeah I was in a hurry and didn't stop to think about that. I just bought silver today and kept it under my current account. I could have gotten a free account to share or let a friend use.

the first thing i did was create a new account using my gmail account, then i purchased it through steam......then you can just pick and choose what you want to install, and if you need to reformat you just redownload it (no worries about finding cd's)

BTW: for those of you that have purchased it - go to the cs_office map in cs:source and shoot the door off the side of the computer, you can actually see the HSF, PSU, mobo, ram modules, video card, 2 hard drives....its so detailed that i spent like 6 rounds trying to get to it and once i did i would sit there looking at it and get killed every time.

austinbmxnig said:
BTW: for those of you that have purchased it - go to the cs_office map in cs:source and shoot the door off the side of the computer, you can actually see the HSF, PSU, mobo, ram modules, video card, 2 hard drives....its so detailed that i spent like 6 rounds trying to get to it and once i did i would sit there looking at it and get killed every time.

haha, the same thing happened to me in the source beta with the tire in de_dust. i would shoot that tire around the level, trying to make it all the way to CT spawn without dying... made it a few times

i don't see why you couldn't be able to play DoD:Source if you purchased the retail version...but you never know.

Heres how i think my HL2 experiance will go

2 weeks in half life:source HAZARD COURSE
6 months playing Half life:source through once
another 6 months in the HL2 hazard course
probably 2 years actually playing through HL2 for the first time

The standard version that is available in retail will have HL2 and CS:Source.

hypertek said:
so you download them all at once? Im not really familur with this.... what if you need to reformat? do you get to download again? or is it like your account, you can always dl as long as your account is active?

You can download them again once you log into your account. Or, you can burn the .gcf files to a CD/DVD and just keep a copy of the game that way.

austinbmxnig said:

You can even see that the video card is a 9800 pro, motherboard is a ASUS, sound card is an audigy. Lots of cool little details that went into it.

call me old and senile but i just like having a jewel case with a pretty printed cd to set on my desk... Gives me a sort of comfort if you will. Not that I think downloadable games is a bad thing, I just like to have the tangeable box to set on my shelf :)

Got the silver version the other night, been playing since. Great value since I lost my other account info I had and can't reactivate my copy of HL anyways. Not like I care anymore :)

i just wish these companies would cut the sh*t and put out their damn products already.

I bought silver too
Office is the most detailed and physics object filled map, you can completely destroy the computers and buy a bottle of water from the water machines

Banyan said:
i just wish these companies would cut the sh*t and put out their damn products already.

This blame lies on Vivendi and it maddens me a little too, but it will be here soon.

Also, these maps are amazing when you get a lot of people in them. Grenades and bullets blowing barrels and bodies around, small debris flying. It's so great..too bad I don't know my way around office too well.

I personly will not be buying it untill DOD Source is realised or HL2 is realiesed. I thought I was going to just go buy a box version, but, if steam has DOD Source, I am all over that.

Back