• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 SILVER edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is some good stuff in the gold though. Like the books, and other stuff, whih should bue in the retail version.

The only book is the strategy guide, and they took out the shirt.

So the only worthwile thing is the hat.

But i bought silver, and it rocks. GG Dod:Source preloads. x)

collectors edition is only 80 bucks you get everything thats in gold(cheaper because they dont have to ship).... im getting that(reserved at gamestop) :)

I was gonna buy gold but I was short on cash, I hope I can upgrade without having to pay 100 bucks

i've been ogling at silver since i first saw it... but i think i'll be waiting until the winter break before i touch the addictiveness of anything CS again... ^^

getting my studies done is hard enough since i discovered gunbound ^^

i have to wait coz its going to take 3 working days for the bank to process my friend's cheque argh!!!! so i guess i will be buying silver package on tuesday or wednesday :(

I just registered my HL2 coupon from ATI and got the bronze, then I paid $10 to upgrade to silver! Woohoo! Love that running around in CS:S alone (Lowsy 28.8 dialup). Wish I'd registered a new account, though. My friend is always playing CS on mine. I could have given him my old one!

Question: What are the highest options available for grapgics in source for you guys? I think when i was at the above-mentioned friend's house and we were playing around with it, there was "very high" and "ultra high" for each of the options, but on my computer, "High" is the highest. We have very similar computers. He has a little less ram, his CPU is a 2500+, and he has a 5900XT. Still, I should have all the same options.

i have high settings on my 2.4ghz amd w/ 9500 pro.
i get 20fps maxed on on settings
100fps w/ no filters

Stoanhart said:

Question: What are the highest options available for grapgics in source for you guys? I think when i was at the above-mentioned friend's house and we were playing around with it, there was "very high" and "ultra high" for each of the options, but on my computer, "High" is the highest. We have very similar computers. He has a little less ram, his CPU is a 2500+, and he has a 5900XT. Still, I should have all the same options.

I only get up to "high" on my A64 3700+ and 6800 Ultra, so something's got to be a little screwy. What do they expect?! lol

Odie :)

Maybe I'm just imagining that there were higher graphics. Still, when I watch the stress test at his house, I'm like "WOOOOOOW" and on my computer it's like "Not bad".

Back