• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HannsG HH-281HPB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigBadBaz

Hi guys. I plan to return my Samsung TOC T220 to Costco get a new monitor with the money. They have a HannsG 28" 1920x1200 monitor which is right in the price mark. It's the HH-281HPB.

Has anyone ever used or seen one of these? If not, what do you think about HannsG in general?

BTW, other choices are the Acer P244W, the Dell S2409W (which I don't like because it's 5ms) or the Sceptre X246W. I like the HannsG best though (in theory at least).

Thanks in advance!

The HH-281HPB is essentially the same monitor as my HG-281DPB which I have since summer and so far had no problems with it whatsoever but the one
problem that I have with mine is that it only has 1 hdmi input opposed to the two that you get with the HH-281HPB.
The buttons are on the bottom right opposed to the right side on mine which is a burden for me if you have two of these side by side and the power
button is inaccessible. I think that overall hanns g makes great monitors considering the price/performance ratio.

I did recieve a HH-281HPB that was DOA and going through the reviews on newegg it looks like its a common thing for these new models which
are basically based off my older model. Some people say that it doesn't swivel up and down but it indeed does but not much. If you need the 2 hdmi inputs that the
HH-281HPB comes with I say go for it but pray thats its not dead like mine was which is why I now have dual HG-281DPB goodness. :comp:

P.S. If you decide to get the hanns g then get ready to turn down the brightness level as it will burn out your retinas right away :p

I also have a single HDMI model...it's nice, but 1 stuck pixel :( I also do not like that it scales my XBOX 1080p output to fill the screen, there is no way to force 1:1 pixel mapping :mad:

It was a downgrade for me, from a nice 32" Sharp TV...which was nicer, but for the price it's hard to complain. :beer:

Thanks for the replies! It seems like the few issues that people are having won't be a problem for me. Costco has a 90 day guarantee. If I don't like the monitor for any reason (DOA, stuck pixel or I just don't like it) I can return it for a full refund. Also, since I', going to be using it with my computer only, the scaling shouldn't be a problem.

Another question, do you think that going from the Samsung T220 to the HannsG is an all around upgrade? Will I be losing anything if I go for the HannsG? PPI, color fidelity, ghosting...?

EDIT: Ooh! I just checked the Costco return policy. It seems it's still lifetime (they changed most others to 90 days)! I think that just made this a no brainer. Thanks again!

EDIT (again): Do you think I will see a big difference between 8107ppi for the Samsung vs. 6781ppi for the HannsG? I will be sitting pretty close.

Last edited:
how much is it at Costco. I know they had them for $300 a couple months ago? Also, anyone have any opinions on the I-Inc 28" (rebranded Hannsg)? I've been looking to upgrade my 24" Acer to the HannsG 28", but don't want to spend more than $300 (should have bought it at Costco when it was on sale!) and was considering the I-Inc, since it basicaly is the HannsG inards...
just noticed the HAnnsG has no DVI input?! what's up withthat? I thought DVI was the standard over VGA? Will I notice any difference using VGA since I'd have to use a DVI/VGA converter/cable to connect the HannsG to my HD4890 video card?

update
I see they come with a DVI to HDMI cable included...so that takes care of my concern.
Newegg, $299 includes shipping
Costco, $299 includes shipping

Last edited:
As I see you found, it's still $299 at Costco. The advantage is that Costco has a lifetime, no questions asked return policy.

BTW, I'm not sure about this, but I think when you use the DVI to HDMI converter which should come with the 4890, you get full HDMI capability. If you use the HDMI to DVI cable that comes with the monitor, you might lose something. Not sure if it even matters either way though.

And you shouldn't use VGA at all. There you will lose some capability.

BTW, I'm not sure about this, but I think when you use the DVI to HDMI converter which should come with the 4890, you get full HDMI capability. If you use the HDMI to DVI cable that comes with the monitor, you might lose something. Not sure if it even matters either way though.

I have no issues with the DVI to HDMI cable that comes with the monitor its the same as if I used the adapter that came with my 4870.

There's a way to make it not stretch the image, I forget how though. Let me check the menu....

Ahh there it is. You go down to image setting, aspect ratio, and change it from 'full' to 'fit.'

At least, that works for me playing older games that only do 800x600 and so on. It scales them but doesn't stretch at all.

Other than that, great monitor, especially for the price.

I have no issues with the DVI to HDMI cable that comes with the monitor its the same as if I used the adapter that came with my 4870.

i wouldnt think the dvi cable (w/monitor) or adapter (w/video card) would make a difference...looks like i might have to spend $300.
i thought Costco DOES have new returns policy regarding electronics, PLUS newegg has 10% cashback...

Back