• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Crashing in WC3; Using Corsair XMS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmThx

Registered
Hi.

Somehow, I Crash in Warcraft III and it says it's a Memory Problem. That " Memory cannot be read " after 20 or so minutes of The Frozen Throne.

I don't crash on the desktop or anywhere else. I don't get BSOD's...

My Rig:

Asus A7N8X DELUXE REV 2.0 BIOS 1008
CORSAIR XMS 512MB PC3200 DDR400 "CMX512-3200PT" 2.5-3-3-6 TIMINGS
AMD ATHLON XP 3200+ "BARTON" @ 2.2 GHZ
200x11 FSB / Multiplier...

MEMORY is in the BLACK slot (the one all the way to the left. the other 2 are blue prob for dual channel).

The Jumper is set to 200 MHz on the motherboard for FSB... Should It be 400 MHz?

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with a ZALMAN HEATPIPE and a ZALMAN 80MM Fan. It's DAMN COLD and I know it can't be the problem.

I googled up the "CMX512-3200PT" and noticed it's timings were 3-3-3-8. I set it to that and my system won't even boot up. So I reset the CMOS and it works on 2.5-3-3-6/7 but it keeps crashing in WC3.

Could I RMA this stick and get another model of Corsair 512 DDR400?

maybe test the sticks with memtest if havent already done so. they may be stable, but not stable enuff when stressed long periods.. ie: playing games..

Back