• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking Phenom II 965 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my little 965 is very happy and games very well with the cpu/nb set at 2540 and around 1.3v, you might try reclocking to get the cpu/nb down just a little.

lets try,
#1,slowing the ht to 2400.
#2, reduce the cpu/nb voltage to around 1.3
because,
the cpu/nb has a lot to do with the ht.
over 1.35 volts on the cpu/nb can make us a little unstable.

Six hours of Prime is stable in my book, I feel you're worrying too much. Though if you feel the need to be stable longer then that, your temps of 55c may be an issue. Sometimes the Phenoms can be a little wonky at those temps.

+1 mandrake.
some times if i can even get the thing to post I'll call it stable.

and pulling the cpu/nb voltage back will reduce the temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets try,
#1,slowing the ht to 2400.
#2, reduce the cpu/nb voltage to around 1.3
because,
the cpu/nb has a lot to do with the ht.
over 1.35 volts on the cpu/nb can make us a little unstable.

Already tried that settings yesterday and got error on third core after few minutes but nonetheless i set it up again and started prime

Six hours of Prime is stable in my book, I feel you're worrying too much. Though if you feel the need to be stable longer then that, your temps of 55c may be an issue. Sometimes the Phenoms can be a little wonky at those temps.

I tried to play some games and got system freezing after one hour of playing so its not stable. Temps are little high because I set cpu voltage on 1.5 and just raised cpu nb voltage step by step to see if that is problem but it seems that its not.

Last edited:
Ok its passed first set of tests which is strange because yesterday I got error on third core few minutes after starting test with same settings.

yl1n.jpg

Your game freezing might be temp related. The cores are right on the border for a PhenomII and add in the heat from a GFX card and bingo!!!

raise the ht up to 2200 and try again.

Passed second set of tests. You want me to raise ht freq to 2200 and leave cpu nb frq to 2400?

Your game freezing might be temp related. The cores are right on the border for a PhenomII and add in the heat from a GFX card and bingo!!!

When playing games core temps never get pass 49c so I think that is not an issue or correct me if I am wrong.

Temp is an issue. You're right on the edge.

Now you are confusing me, so you are telling me that 49c while playing is a lot?? I understand that under prime testing temps is not supposed to get pass 55c which is not happened???

even 49c can be an issue when in the game, I'm actually leaning toward vcore being a little low.

even 49c can be an issue when in the game, I'm actually leaning toward vcore being a little low.

Well vcore in bios is set to 1.475 but in prime llc is raising it to 1.5. I will set ht to 2200 and see what will happen.

witcher69, p95 is just a test, a load, a benchmark is just that, a benchmark.
they only tell us what the system might do.

the use of the machine and the game are what matters.

Now you are confusing me, so you are telling me that 49c while playing is a lot?? I understand that under prime testing temps is not supposed to get pass 55c which is not happened???

Under load in real world apps, sometimes I catch errors at 45c. ;)
Depends on what you're running and what you're doing.

hhhmmmmmmmmmm, 1.5 vcore? mine takes 1.428, his seems a little high to me.
any thoughts mandrake and johan.

Back