• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with potental ISP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amazon10x

i am thinking about starting an ISP and my dad said that i would need to hook up to a single node cuz they wont let someone just starting out be independent with two nodes because i cant prove to them i can handle all teh traffic. does anyone know of companies that specialize in providing services so i can just hook up to there node.

ps. i new to all this so PLEASE correct me if im wrong

Qwest is the only one that I know of (w/o researching) that will do that. but its big bucks to get nodes from them. and probably the only ones you can get them from are very big ISPs that will rent out to you a certain type of connection (T1 T3 etc) for mucho dinero a month which you would use for giving out service to others. The equipment, management, setup, administration, overhead, protocols are all YOUR problem though, so you better do some serious configuration testing and planning before signing anything with anyone. And, you have be a competetive price or no-one will want your service of course. Good luck ;)

so a search on the this forum on the topic of starting ISPs. Several people have thought of the idea before, and have in-depth threads about it.

(AFAIK, no one thus far has actually done it).

Back