• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Raven RV02 LC Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can pull out the HDD cage and put my 1 HDD in the 5.25" bays. However, all of the heat dissipated by the rad will get trapped under my 2 DVD drives, and the pump/res.

I also don't have a ton of mod tools at my disposal :(

I can pull out the HDD cage and put my 1 HDD in the 5.25" bays. However, all of the heat dissipated by the rad will get trapped under my 2 DVD drives, and the pump/res.

I also don't have a ton of mod tools at my disposal :(

Well I doubt you'd have to mod it, at most a drill and drill bit set would be needed. I honestly don't like this case one bit, it has horrible airflow. The top of the case is open enough that it might be able to vent the air out well enough. If possible, turning the PSU around so it draws internal air would help. Obviously not putting in PCI brackets would help so the PCI slots are open as vents. If there is room for a 120mm or whatever in front of the drives, then you could turn it around as exhaust.

I've read up a bit on the pumps (ironically, in fluids), and I believe I can use the MCP355/DDC-2 effectively for my system. However, the pump has 3/8" barbs, as opposed to 1/2" barbs.

Will the pump work in the XSPC BayRes One without a new top, or will I need to buy a new pump top? It's my understanding that the BayRes will hold the stock MCP355 and I just need to attach a G1/4 standard barb that is 1/2" ID.

Here's the links:
Pump: http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP-355-12v-DC-Pump-pr-3510.html
BayRes One: http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Acrylic-Dual-5.25-Reservoir-for-Laing-DDC-BayRes-One-pr-4549.html
Pump Top: http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Laing-DDC-Top-pr-4124.html

Well I doubt you'd have to mod it, at most a drill and drill bit set would be needed. I honestly don't like this case one bit, it has horrible airflow. The top of the case is open enough that it might be able to vent the air out well enough. If possible, turning the PSU around so it draws internal air would help. Obviously not putting in PCI brackets would help so the PCI slots are open as vents. If there is room for a 120mm or whatever in front of the drives, then you could turn it around as exhaust.

The airflow in the Raven is great, it just wasn't meant for LC airflow. If you put your hand over the top of the case, it feels like you have a room fan on med/low blowing through the case.

I ordered the High-Flow Brackets for my EVGA GTX 470s, so there will be maximal airflow through those brackets. All of the other slots are slotted to allow the airflow to naturally head upward. However, most of the used slots are due to the 470s.

G1/4 barbs that are id'd appropriately for your tubing...1/2" would work as long as everything else is.

*I was recommended 1/2" tubing (as opposed to 3/8") on Tom's Hardware; forgot that it wasn't common knowledge in this thread.

I'm going to stick with the EK blocks as originally planned. I looked through many comparisons of the 470 and 480 blocks, and the EKs are in the upper-middle of the pack in terms of performance, but aren't breaking the bank and fit well into my budget.

1/2" vs 3/8" doesn't make very much difference tbh...I do like the look of 1/2" though :D

Cool beans.

Anyone know of a cheap way/place to get distilled water? I mean, I know a few Chemical Engineers here at school who might be able to distill it or hook me up...

Lol distilled water can be bought by the gallon at almost any grocery store (I get mine from WalMart) and only cost a few bucks. You'd think you'd need alot, but 1 gallon fills my loop 4+ times.

I get distilled at the Walmart. Got it at CVS before. In Las Vegas.

It should be there, somewhere will have it. The RO water is pretty pure too, it's kinda all the same.

Mine was .83c at walmart...that's/gallon. I usually grab 1-2 gal and never use it all.

Haha Walmart was completely out of water last night (just happened to be there). There was NONE at all.

Best thing happened: snow day! Apparently we're going to be the armpit of a nasty storm system today, so all classes were cancelled. I'll start doing reading into the nuances of the system (I.e. tubing and all that stuff) so I know exactly what I'm getting and what is compatible.

I'm thinking about switching rads to the HWLabs Black Ice GTX360, since it performed the best in the Skinnee labs 120.3 rad roundup, and is still only $100.

I may use the fans they used (D12SH12, Noctua I believe?), since it achieved a DT of under 10 at an RPM as low as 1400RPM for a OCed i7-920 + GTX 285 SLI, or ~460W. That output is actually a little bit higher than my combined GPU output, since the max power rating of the 470 is 215W (assuming most of that goes to heat).

Does anyone have a good fans link?

Back