• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Hoot, I set up your Thermal probe trick!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

I got one of those Enermax LCD/probe Thermal detectors along with a Taisol HSF.
This may help put to rest the talk of Asus Probe being 7 degrees off. I wanted to get things going quick so I used the thermal tape that came with the HSF and got it put together. Later, I'll remove it and use some thermal grease and note the differences.
As I am writing this the LCD is at 46.4c and is varying only by .1c, Asus Probe says 51c. A difference, but not 7 degrees. I had recently flashed back to Bios ver 1006 and I suspect the temps have gone up. I am going to do some more extensive testing and try to record all the data.
Also, I had to scale back on the OCing as it is getting hot here and I don't want to use the AC any more than is needed.
Am running 105 FSB and 9.0 multiplier on a Duron 700, A7V mainbd. Also set the voltage back to 1.70 from 1.85.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Glad it worked out for you. Get that pad off of there and you will realize a lot better temps. A syringe of AS is a must. There should be one in the clutter on every OC'ers workbench.