• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest fsb on pc133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdvanS13

what is usually the highest dram frequency one can push on some generic infineon ram? im at 118fsb right now...no problems. i can go higher i think:rolleyes:

*edit...just tried 120 got a bsod hehe. 118 stable so far.

Last edited:
Let's hope you can at least get 133 MHz out of PC133, since that's what they're rated at. Most peeps can get 140 FSB and I've gotten 150 FSB out of Crucial PC133 once. Almost sounds like your PCI bus is too far out of spec at anything above 118 FSB if you're still using the 1/3 divider.

how do i get rid of the divider? i noticed something that if above 120 it divides.

and also, i meant 120fsb on the cpu not ram, i can get cpu to about 1050mhz from 900. i can get about 140 or so on the ram....dont remember now lol.

how do i get rid of lock on av133 asus?

I've gotten `140 on a cheap PCCHIPS m/b. I don't know if it was the memory or the fact that there wasn't a PCI/AGP lock on the board.

im running at 160 fsb right now (sig clock speed is out of date since i casually occationally up the FSB on reboot) im at 1440 mhz now@stock volt. My original goal was 1.5 gig and i think i will smash it considering i havent touched the voltage (i got BSOD problems running the ram at cas2, but then again the ram wasnt made for cas2-it wasnt made for 160 fsb eitehr but it seems to be OK right now) I wonder when my ram will bottleneck me but im pretty sure i can get to my 167fsb goal easily. But this ram isnt anything special its just generic pc133. Its not getting hot or anything so im cool for now.

Back