• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holes on d-tek customs northbridge block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

i just got my zalman passive northbrigde cooler today (the blue one, im too lazy to get the model right now), and im kinda disappointed at its size. its not too much bigger than the stock gigabyte 8IK1100 active cooler. so i think im gonna get the d-tek chipset block. does anyone know if it'll fit on my mobo? the holes for the northbridge heatsink are 6.7-6.8cm apart. thanks for any help

also, on teh stock hs/f there is a pad around the edge of the heatsink. should i try to take it off and put it onto whatever replacement i get? i assume its so i don't crush the northbridge, is this a real problem? its the intel 875 chipset.

seriously? :( why is that? it doesn't say anything about it on the site.

yes... it will work with amd mobo.. I recently had a group buying order from dtek over $1200 of the stuff and i had couple FSB NB block in my hand to play with...

i am positive it will fit on AMD mobo but not P4

yeah, i don't really like the idea of using thermal epoxy. expecially since there may be added strain from the tubes pushing. oh well, i guess i'll just have to stick with the zalman for now.

Back