• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you know what's wrong when you have no errors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok thanks....I'd sworn that the drive had an OS installed on it before I took it out of the puter I upgraded for my dad. I have 2 cdroms...one is broekn the other is on it's last leg...might try the last leg and get it installed, but like you said easiest is to unhook either of my other good cdroms and use it to install.

it's now running quite well, except one thing. I need my secondary system to be up and running so i unhooked the borrowed mouse,cdrom, and monitor. Well I also want the system to be running for burnin. I have it connected to my LAN so i can monitor it remotely to a small extent, but I can't seem to get it to boot into windows without being able to SEE. I'm assuming you can't disconnect a monitor from a running computer, but I thought I'd check and see. When in doubt my philosphy is leave it be. I know the LAN and all is working fine before I removed the moniter eeeetc etc. so how do you all who have more systems than you do monitors get them up and running in windows? WIN98se is the OS and yes you'd think it was simply wait until it seems to have stopped at the windows log-in and just press enter like I do on my other 2 systems. For some reason though this isn't working for the non-monitored system. SO know I know it's been shut down improperly and thus dunno what's going on with it. I'm about to just shutdown the secondary system and plug int he monitor and get it booted again shut down properly and go from there. Just thought I'd check in first in case it was possible to hot swap the monitor cable. Maybe by turnign off the monitor it's possible, but I'll await for confirmation of that before destroying something i cant afford to replace unless it's free.

Back