• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get more offset for GPU base clock in Nvidia Inspector? BIOS Unlocked.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iAchilles

Registered
hi guys,

i got a laptop with GTX 960M with Driver 364.51 and UNLOCKED Insyde H2O bios.

Nvidia Inspector (or any other gpu oc application) does not give more than +135 offset for GPU base clock OC in P0 mode.

how should i extend it ???? i got my bios hidden tabs unlocked, but dont know what i should change in BIOS setting in order to get higher than +135 overclock for gpu?

much appreciated
thx in advance

Last edited:
of course i tried these two, it's all the same. non of them let me go beyond of +135 offset for the base clock

Overclocking of Lenovo Y50-70 by BIOS

hi guys,

i got a laptop with GTX 960M with Driver 364.51 and UNLOCKED Insyde H2O bios.

Nvidia Inspector (or Msi afterburner or Evga Precision X) does not give more than +135 offset for GPU base clock OC in P0 mode.

how should i extend it ???? i got my bios hidden tabs unlocked, but dont know what i should change in BIOS setting in order to get higher than +135 overclock for gpu?

much appreciated
thx in advance

It's a laptop, and you really shouldn't be overclocking anything. It's not designed to handle the additional heat.

Merged your duplicate threads. Please keep one thread per subject as this will help keep repetitive advice to a minimum and all your answers in one thread.

It's a laptop, and you really shouldn't be overclocking anything. It's not designed to handle the additional heat.
Bit tired last night when I responded, missed the 960M part. I agree with Minimart, laptops aren't really made to handle the extra heat of Ocing. Your best bet is to stick with the +135 mhz you're getting.

So, what are the temps of the card? Are you seeing throttling of the boost bins?

i just dont know how to push it furthur than +135 offset, that's it! since the +135 offset for gpu base clock is easily achieved and temps are like 70 in hard-core gaming with OC

what should i change in the bios setting (Insyde H2O) in order achieve more offset ?

Before you move forward, iAchilles, I would check to see if you are throttling in these gaming sessions. Have MSI AB running, then start a game, check for max temps and see if the core clocks are throttling.

There is a bit more involved with these GPUs than just pushing up on the clocks. If you hit a power limit, your clocks will throttle so there isn't a point to push on... same with temperatures. Most of these start to throttle boost bins at 70C. If you are at that limit, there isn't a point to push forward.

So while you respecfully disagree, I raise that disagreement and add more food for thought on what you are doing before moving forward.

Eagerly awaiting your screenshots showing the MSI AB graph!!! :D

EDIT: Please also post a screenshot of GPUz. :)

Untitled.png
Before you move forward, iAchilles, I would check to see if you are throttling in these gaming sessions. Have MSI AB running, then start a game, check for max temps and see if the core clocks are throttling.

There is a bit more involved with these GPUs than just pushing up on the clocks. If you hit a power limit, your clocks will throttle so there isn't a point to push on... same with temperatures. Most of these start to throttle boost bins at 70C. If you are at that limit, there isn't a point to push forward.

So while you respecfully disagree, I raise that disagreement and add more food for thought on what you are doing before moving forward.

first off, thx for enlightening me. indeed appreciated.

i attached the GPUZ screenshot

after that yellow vertical line i switched my laptop on battery, (coz i wanted to exit the game) that's why u might see some up and down

how can i exactly find where my gpu start to throttle coz of power limit ?

i can moniter and see throttle reason for CPU by "ThrottleStop", but i dont know for GPU

Last edited by a moderator:
See you max temp there? 76C... I bet its throttling clocks already.

You need to get into the settings of MSI AB and change the graph around to show you the core clocks and power limit. It should be there somewhere, but it isn't pictured.

See you max temp there? 76C... I bet its throttling clocks already.

You need to get into the settings of MSI AB and change the graph around to show you the core clocks and power limit. It should be there somewhere, but it isn't pictured.

i played for like 40 min and that's the result ( now u can check core clocks and power limit)

other graphs (few sec after the one above)

Please host here at the site... ;)

ALso, I can't see GPU temps in these new shots and it is not reading the GPU clocks...

Please host here at the site... ;)

ALso, I can't see GPU temps in these new shots and it is not reading the GPU clocks...

well it's a problem with a MSI AB monitoring! it does not show properly, what other gpu monitoring program u suggest ?

Back