• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to mount new fan to 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

Hi, have a quick question.. what is the best way to attach a new fan to the 8500?? Thermal Tape, Thermal epoxy, or superglue on the corners?? I have heard of all three.. but which is the best..??

I have glue on there now from RadioShack, binds to Aluminum but I really don't trust it.. has there been a problem of sinks falling off when they get hot with S.Glue??

certainly some artic silver epoxy or artic alumina epoxy. In this situation i would take the artic alumina in case i smeared some.

I uses super glue on the corners on my R8500. I haven't had any problems with the HS's falling off. Anyway if you do have some artic silver epoxy I think that would be the best way to do it.

Going to order the epoxy Just to be sure.. I go to Lan Parties often so I want to make sure it stays on there..

Im finally happy with being able to oc this card, I think I got a bummer of a card, couldn't oc the core at all.. ram I could get to 295 with no artifacts.. but that core would lock if I jumped it just a few mhz.. but did the Mods to it last night.. not the pencil the actual resistor mod and have tested up to 300/300 and going higher.. =)

GravY said:
Hi, have a quick question.. what is the best way to attach a new fan to the 8500?? Thermal Tape, Thermal epoxy, or superglue on the corners?? I have heard of all three.. but which is the best..??

I have glue on there now from RadioShack, binds to Aluminum but I really don't trust it.. has there been a problem of sinks falling off when they get hot with S.Glue??

I used Artic Alumina on my 8500. I mixed it with AS3 for I can remove it later.

Err Silversinksam, wish I would have caught your post earlier, ordered some already, shipping was about the same as the Artic Alumina itself.. oh well..

Back