• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to safely O.C. a gtx 260 on air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do have the latest drivers, supposedly voltage tuner had problems with some cards during the previous driver. It stated so on their site. I was also wondering did you just set the current voltage at 1.110?

I set the voltage directly to 1.11v

that should be the voltage i can reach the max stable O.C.

any higher is not necessary, any lower might crash in different situations
(just think about a guy living in a very hot place for example)

i can go further but i need to get to 1.17 to get it stable.

ok so, today i bought a new fan for the cards.

the results are astonishing, from 71C under load to 62C.

When i'll find my camera battery i will make some photos on how i arranged the fans for optimal air flow.

Very good temps Zantal. Im jealous =P

and this is with italian summer temps =) someone might get to 55C under load in a cooler country :p

btw 64C at 50% fan 62C @ 60% gonna try @ 100% (but noise is unbearable)

but i still can't find the battery for the camera so it'll take a while to post the photo

how much ppl get on air? my system doesn't require too much experience to build and temps are really low considering the overclock and the overvolt i have done

100_1045-1.jpg

here it is, the fan to the right was a bit more expensive (20 Euros) the fan to the left is only 10euros, but i wanted a better fan to pump fresh air into the cards so i choose that one.

the fan to the left 7 brings the hot air to the outside of the case, the fan to the right brings fresh air to the inside.

notice how i placed the fans, optimal air flow so the intake fan doesn't get the hot air from the other one

100_1047.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you don't need to worry much about cable management if you run it w/ the side door off all the time and put fans in there like that. I prefer to keep the case closed. Otherwise I'd just get a test bench and run it completely open-air w/ strategically placed fans.

So awesome, yet so ghetto at the same time!!

not so good looking but very effective =)

and for jason

I don't manage my cables, i just put them in a fairly ordered way and just leave it like that

there are simply too many cables in that case (most are not even necessary)

Hah, that's pretty clever! My case already has pretty good ventilation (Antec 900) but I guess trying this out wouldn't hurt :)

Respect to Zantal on out the box thinking and plain getting the job done.

I like it like that... who needs `clown fans`? not zantal nor myself :)

each to there own...

Good Stuff... enjoy it :D

Back