• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have a big problem and i dont if its GPU related, need help :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majho

Hi guys, first of all i am not the pro type when it comes to computer so pls. take it easy with your abbreviations / terms etc as i might not understand it

:( i dont know what to call my problem so im not sure if the title will get any attention well anyway to those who are reading this pls help me.

1st of all let me share to you my RIG setup or hardware setup.
  • Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 64-bit
  • Intel i7 950 Quad Core
  • Rampage 3 Extreme
  • Corsair Professional Series™ Gold AX1200
  • 12GB Gskill Ripjaws f3-12800cl9t-12gbrl
  • GTX 580 phantom 3
  • 1 x 120gb ssd phoenix pro running my OS
  • 1 x 120gb ssd OCZ Vertex 3 running my programs
  • 1 x 1TB Seagate 7200rpm via usb3 enclosure holding "My Documents"
  • 1 x 2TB Samsung 5400rpm storage movies, pictures, music
  • Corsair H70
  • 2 x LG IPS LED 23"
  • Cooler Master HAF X
  • Samsung Combo Drive

My hardwares are fresh and new, also my OS is fresh installed.

1st of all im not sure if my driver is correct but im sure i downloaded and installed the latest driver available but it seems that the date info from windows and nvidia is different or im just confused with the numbers?

pls check the screenshot i encircled what i think is incorrect

driver-scr-1.jpg

Im pretty sure that all my hardware drivers e.g mobo, lan, usb3, sata6, bluetooth everything is the latest available drivers. As i double check each of it on asus website.

My 1st problem is that everytime i maximize or full screen a previewed image the buttons at the bottom are missing.

pls check screenshot
scr.jpg

if you could also watch my video to see what i mean pls check here

I already tried disconnecting the 2nd monitor and reinstall OS and install everything again but still the same.

My 2nd problem is that some of my high definition movies and other HD videos lags or doesnt play smooth as the others, even if i only use 1 monitor (i already have this problem with my old gtx580 direct cu ii which is installed on my old mobo sabertooth x58)

pls watch my video to see what i mean (i promise it wont take long)

i already tried disconnecting the other monitor, also did a fresh install and downloaded codec pack from this site http://www.cccp-project.net/, i used

several players, mpcstar, windows media player, windows media center, quicktime player, vlc player and even media player classic http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/all of them give the same result :(

i have already formatted my pc 3 times and do apply the solutions i found on the net but this doesnt fix anything :(

pls check my GPU details, kindly pls take a look if theres something wrong?
h08.png
efc.png

i have also tried putting the GPU to other pci-e slot and tried fresh and clean gpu driver install but doesnt fix my problem.

Im not really sure if this is a problem with my GPU, is there anyway i can check if my GPU have a problem? :(

Mmm... I don't believe it is a gpu related issue.
It looks more like a RAM problem to me.
Someone might quickly come with an answer (are you still sleeping in the States, hey!:p)

you think so? because my ram is also new.. hmm i dont have spare ram... geez :)) i got another problem anyway ill wait for others reply :D

It's very unlikely that all your 3 modules are defect.
Troubleshoot them using one stick at the time, checking if the issue is still there.

So 1st lets start with the driver...

The Driver Date that's listed on the Properties is when the Driver was made for the Card. Where on the Nvidia Update was when you installed the driver onto the computer.

The Versions are going to be different do to the fact and IIRC its the manufacturer of the driver vs what the public will see. We normally go by the 296.10

On the full screen from the looks of it as i cant see the full image. It almost looks like you have the preview pain "highlighted" with your mouse. But if that's not the case i would 1st try like others say and try 1 stick at a time. If that doesn't work then i would also try a new theme on the win7 OS just to rule out the OS having something done to it.

Go to personalize -> theme (should be defaulted) -> and just choose a random Aero Theme

as what you guys have suggested i did tried each stick tried each stick on each slot so it took me some time but the problem is still there

i also tried changing aero theme but didnt help.

I tried memtest as well and run it for 2 hours, saw the message at the bottom saying "pass complete no errors press esc to exit" so i did press esc button.

What do you think is my next step?

3 sticks? You have a dual channel machine... I think at least that one stick is single channel...

Anyway, try rolling back the drivers (use an older driver). I highly doubt its the hardware too other things would likely be missing.

3 sticks? You have a dual channel machine... I think at least that one stick is single channel...

Anyway, try rolling back the drivers (use an older driver). I highly doubt its the hardware too other things would likely be missing.

Isn't the i7 950 triple channel?

For some reason I thought that CPU as s1156. Oye... back to my hole. Thanks for the correction. :)

i tried reverting to old stable driver versions, 270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql | 280.26-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql | 285.62-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql did a clean install but still the problem occurs.. now ill try to retest my ram.. :(

Could you please check GPU usage and frequencies while playing the "lagging" videos?

Modern players use gpu to decode videos and sometimes 2D mode doesn't cut it.

what resolution? refresh rate? did u use an converter to go from the card to monitors? have you benchmark (furmark burn in mayb) the vid card to confirm it doesn't have bad memory?

here are the result of the 2 memory tests that i have made so far.

Using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tools
ram-test1.jpg

Using Memtest
ram-test2.jpg

I couldnt find any error on my ram :(

@dtrunk
what resolution? 1920x1080
refresh rate? how to find this?
did u use an converter to go from the card to monitors? i dont get this? :(
have you benchmark (furmark burn in mayb) the vid card to confirm it doesn't have bad memory? Whats the settings to use?

@Zantal
Could you please check GPU usage and frequencies while playing the "lagging" videos? How to do this?

Back