• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question about "Raidmax RX-AU304 3.5" Internal 4-port USB 3.0 Hub".

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

I have a question about "Raidmax RX-AU304 3.5" Internal 4-port USB 3.0 Hub".

I saw, "Raidmax RX-AU304 3.5" Internal 4-port USB 3.0 Hub".

Each Single USB 3.0/beyond 20-Pin Header on the motherboard can only connect up to two USB Front Panel Ports (I guess single 20-Pin Header), right?

Then, how does this "Raidmax RX-AU304 3.5" Internal 4-port USB 3.0 Hub" work? Cause this has 4x USB 3.0.

Then how this works with motherboard?

P.S.1: Additional question I just got across my mind, while asking this question.

Is there any motherboard that has more then 2x 20pin USB 3.0/beyond header for Front USB 3.0/beyond?

Last edited:
With all running, likely less bandwidth available.

I do not know of motherboards with more than two front panel usb 3.0 headers.

The product is a 'Internal 4-port USB 3.0 Hub' Generally if it says hub that means it has some switching wizardry splitting the usb connections just like an external usb hub.

wagex is correct. This is like connecting a 4-way valve splitter to your water faucet. Or just like the 4-port Ethernet switch on the back of your router that allows you to connect 4 Ethernet devices to the router's single internal Ethernet port.

The hub just allows you to connect 4 devices to one motherboard port. With the water splitter, if you have only one sprinkler connected, it will receive the full amount of water from the faucet. But if you connect 4 sprinklers, the supplied water will be divided.

In other words, you will not be able to take full advantage of USB 3.0 performance if you have 4 devices connected AND operating at the same time. But at least you will not have to keep plugging them in and out.

I don't know of any motherboard that supports more than 2 USB 3.0 "front" panel headers. By the same token, I don't know of any case that has more than 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports either. I believe most, like the excellent Fractal Design R6, have 2 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0.

Back