• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 4790 non k info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sure. The problem is dry compound .. if this can fix the high temps then I'm fine with it.. nevertheless, I'm not gluing back the ihs.. just fitting with the socket bracket.. around my place LM is out of stock

Conclusion.. set vcore voltage 1.025v
Offset 0, turbo boost short power max 100.00w, turbo boost power max 84w
Turbo boost power time window 8sec
Processor current limit 102.25a

Max temp while pugb, 70s ambient 25/30

Ok... Delided, multiplier 40x with h97 non k.. top temperature 70 with 30 inside the room, under load. All cores have the same temperature.. didn't glue back th ihs so when I swap thermals can do it on the CPU too. IMG_20200701_070954.jpg

"Swap thermals?" "can do it on the CPU too?" Not sure what you are talking about here. Anyway, glad it worked for you. Yes, Thermal paste can dry out sometimes and become less effective. The reason Intel used such a viscous TIM was to inhibit "pumping out" from heating and cooling cycles and so to give the contact it afforded some longevity. What TIM did you wind up using under the lid? Less viscous TIM products have a tendency to pump out quickly so be aware you may have to redo this before long to retain the benefits.

"Swap thermals?" "can do it on the CPU too?" Not sure what you are talking about here. Anyway, glad it worked for you. Yes, Thermal paste can dry out sometimes and become less effective. The reason Intel used such a viscous TIM was to inhibit "pumping out" from heating and cooling cycles and so to give the contact it afforded some longevity. What TIM did you wind up using under the lid? Less viscous TIM products have a tendency to pump out quickly so be aware you may have to redo this before long to retain the benefits.
Between the die and ihs just used noctua thermal compound. I'm not regular gamer. It's fine for now. Every 3/6 months i'll clean and swap the compound.

Just want to give final report. Got this running between 60-70 with a minor undervolt (0.070v)

Good to know it all settled!

Not an advice I usually give with "k" version (not the case here), but some motherboards can handle BCLK in the 105+ range.

Worth a try, it should not need extra vcore and you could take the CPU in the 4.2/4.3 GHz range. Gave an extra 300MHz to a friend's ivy 3470 like this.

Back