• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i9-9900k [email protected] stable, cant hit [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcblol

Hi everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question. So I'm relatively new to overclocking and I've gotten a stable 5.1ghz avx all core overclock at 1.34 volts. From my research online this is decent. However, I'm unable to hit 5.2 ghz at any reasonable voltage. I've tried up to 1.42, but I don't want to go beyond that. My temps at 5.1ghz during prime95(smallfft), aida64, and occt, are 90c~, 80c, and 65c~ respectively. I feel like I have more thermal room to play with considering prime95 is pretty unrealistic, but I also feel like I'm missing something all together for 1.42 to now work at 5.2. My hardware is as follows. my bios settings are almost identical to the ones explained in this video except I've increased the core voltage to 1.34, the cache min/max to 46, and the core clock to 51x -

i9-9900k + liquid metal + corsair 360mm AIO
Asus rog maximus xi hero wifi mobo
corsair 750rmx psu

Your P95 thermal limit is already hit...

Sometimes you just hit a voltage wall... Try an offset and see if it works. That will telll you if you are in the ballpark.

won't even boot with an offset between +.01- +.05 =\. I could be doing it completely wrong, please let me know if I am. Offset mode is just auto plus or minus whatever I choose correct?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Is it ok if I post my bios settings here?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

screenshots

-Tries to overclock
-has a question
-visits overclockers.com and...
Hi everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question.
BLASPHEMY!:D

What if you tried 5.3? Some older(way older) gen cups had black holes that you needed to jump over go continue to oc.
I've read about it. Never wit seed first hand, could be worth a try.

From what Silicon Lottery says, "As of 6/13/19, the top 7% of tested 9900Ks were able to hit 5.1GHz or greater" which would tell me that your chip is in the top 7%. :thup:

Have you checked the temps on the individual cores? I have one core that holds mine back a bit.

I'd say de-lidding might help but you seem to have a chip that runs pretty cool. When I push mine too high it hits 95C pretty quick and gets unstable.

From what I can see I have one core that is consistently hotter than the others. :shock:

Also, there is some good info in this vid.

From what Silicon Lottery says, "As of 6/13/19, the top 7% of tested 9900Ks were able to hit 5.1GHz or greater" which would tell me that your chip is in the top 7%.
It's likely better considering doesn't appear to be using an offset..... ;)

Have you checked the temps on the individual cores? I have one core that holds mine back a bit.
For apps that don't show individual core temps, it lists the highest one in the first place AFAIK...

It's likely better considering doesn't appear to be using an offset..... ;)

For apps that don't show individual core temps, it lists the highest one in the first place AFAIK...

Good point. Use HWInfo64 and try the AVX offsets. The link I posted has some good information on AVX and voltage settings.

Let us know where that gets you. :)

Feel lucky you got a stable 5.1Ghz. I swear to god I have the worst 9900k ever produced. I had a 9700k at 5ghz 1.275v. It would never exceed 1.282v under load but I sold it and grabbed a used 9900k. And this lazy fat pos chip needs 1.38v for 5ghz. Under load, 1.38v under load to maintain stability, it's ridiculous. I have to delid and direct die just to see if I can get it cool enough to hit 5.1 hopefully under 1.45v.

Back