• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Immigrating to Canada -> need tips on stores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marcb

Hello everyone

So, I'm immigrating to Canada and I'll need to look for PC parts in order to build a new one for me....
I'm familiar with NewEgg, Amazon, BestBuy, but I'm looking for other sources as well, cheapest possible... Could you guys provide me some tips on where to acquire hardware in the Toronto region?
Online websites are also welcomed!

Thanks everyone!

*This is my first post here so I apologize if something is not correct*

Canada eh?

EBay and Newegg comes to mind for me, but I'm not from candida. Craigslist also comes to mind for used parts.
But the USA is right on the border, if you don't mind the wait and higher shipping cost you can always buy from US places online.

P.S. Canadian bacon is not the same as US bacon.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

So, I'm immigrating to Canada and I'll need to look for PC parts in order to build a new one for me....
I'm familiar with NewEgg, Amazon, BestBuy, but I'm looking for other sources as well, cheapest possible... Could you guys provide me some tips on where to acquire hardware in the Toronto region?
Online websites are also welcomed!

Thanks everyone!

*This is my first post here so I apologize if something is not correct*

I use canadacomputers.com, they have brick and mortar stores in the GTA and all over actually as well as online shopping. What I can't find there I get from newegg.ca, NCIX.com if I can't find it anywhere else, they tend to be pricey. There's also redflagdeals.ca for buy/sell/trade.

I use memoryexpress.com .
I find they have good prices / selection ( I live in halifax the biggest PC store is no bigger than my living room where Memoryexpress is a good sized store with all the goodies PC lovers like us would want ) , and the best part is the shipping cost ( that can be high in canada) they have a flat charge for under 50 lbs i think its 8$ . ( don't spend the extra on faster shipping as in the past it wasn't any faster and just cost more )

Back