• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it ok to buy something this ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it seems too good to be true...

I know that those micro sd card can be hack by the seller or by dishonest Chinese suppliers so that they show a false inflated capacity but the seller tell me that those micro sd card are factory seal so i'm not really sure :confused:

I guess worst case you can do it then file for paypal reimbursement if their faulty... I honestly wouldn't bother, too sketchy imo.

Ive gotten the factory sealed ones. Fake. 64gb card, held 4gb. I assume factory rejects or something. Honestly I cant figure it out. Package was sealed and intact. Paint was perfect. I got the card and it would error after a certain amount of time. I would be good right up until I tried to transfer over all my custom wallpapers (more than 4-ish GB) or music. Tried 2-3 different vendors, and had the same results every time.

To your credit, my cards were of the $2-5 price range and not so namebranded. I wont say that you will have the same troubles but .... be wary. If I find the particular software I used to verify Ill come back with an edit, but I just spent a few minutes looking for it and cant remeber what its called. The basic idea is that it loads the card with data and then reads it back while checking to see if the data is intact. Mine always had an error after a few GB.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you're right, anyway i come across another deal that look pretty good, probably going to get the 128gb
http://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power...46135356&sr=1-11&keywords=128gb+micro+sd+card

Never heard of the brand you linked but the front runners are only a few dollars more. If youre into reading reviews (and I was a few months ago, I apologize for the lack of links) you'll see that the name brands are usually worth it with more read and write cycles and faster read and write cycles. The tech may have moved beyond that in the past few months/years though so use your discretion :D

Edit: I would find it in literally 30 seconds after posting!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730285 <-- here is some reading if you want with the link to program in the article

http://mympx.org/Downloads/p13_sectionid/2/p13_fileid/13 <-- here is the link straight to the good stuff, no reading needed :)

Last edited:
Never buy SD, microSD, or any other similar memory devices on eBay from China. NEVER.

They will almost always be fakes, with capacities no where near what they should be. Being fakes too, they are always low grade rejects, having slow transfer speeds, and early deaths, if they even work.

Stick with reputable sites when it comes to memory devices. Amazon, MicroCenter, NewEgg, etc.

.....To your credit, my cards were of the $2-5 price range and not so namebranded. I wont say that you will have the same troubles but .... be wary. If I find the particular software I used to verify Ill come back with an edit, but I just spent a few minutes looking for it and cant remeber what its called. The basic idea is that it loads the card with data and then reads it back while checking to see if the data is intact. Mine always had an error after a few GB

If you doe remember those software please let me know, thank in advance.

Back