• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to get windows XP/Vista running uder any core other than core 0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I'm on a quest to try to get my windows vista (all the services) to run under my 3rd core (core #4)... I've found a bunch of programs and methods but I am afraid to try this, has anyone done it yet?

I'm curious as to why?

If it's possible to force all Windows processes to run on the third/fourth core, any application that is only able to utilize two cores will have the first two CPU cores to itself, unhindered by Windows. If this is possible for a dual-core CPU also, then single-CPU apps could also benefit by forcing Windows processes to the second core. OP, provide links to howtos on this?

I've figured it out, luckily the programmer of the nifty program that does this posted on our forums and pointed me to it... had to run the beta version for it to work for me (since i'm running vista) but this is by far the simplest and fastest way to organize processes on different cores.

My post about how to do it here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=541695

Back