• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jab-Tech, They Call This Customer Service.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilyin said:
Was it really necessary to tell me to "swallow my pride and move on"? Was it really necessary to infer that I'm somehow fishing for sympathy? Your whole post was smarmy and condescending.

If you can't take a lighthearted comical jab, then don't dish it out.

You are quite emotional, aren't you?

S_Wilson said:
You are quite emotional, aren't you?

You can gauge emotion over a text-based medium? That's quite a talent, perhaps you should open your own psychic hotline.

I'm not emotional, but apparently you're easily offended.

:shrug:

Kilyin said:
You can gauge emotion over a text-based medium? That's quite a talent, perhaps you should open your own psychic hotline.

I'm not emotional, but apparently you're easily offended.

:shrug:

Just asked a couple of questions. To answer yours, I am not psychic nor am I offended. Are you?

Kilyin said:
Hey, you're probably right. I suppose shouldn't have expected them to pay for the shipping costs. Someone on this forum actually suggested that and at the time it made sense to me. But he could have done something, anything. Store credit, free shipping on my next purchase, whatever.

Yeah most of us are trying to get this across. Somehow it became garbled in all the back and forth. :(

It's not hard to make a small concession and make the consumer happy. All he did was give me the runaround and tell me I should be happy because the item functioned. To me, that is not how you do business. If a consumer is unhappy for any reason (especially because of a misprint or misleading information on your website - which is essentially your store) then you should do what you can to remedy the situation. I was offered nothing but a text-based apology. He could have taken the time to pick up the phone and call me, and at least apologize in person.

Again bro, I am not intending to bash you.

I think reading your mails, you did not give him the chance. As it seems in this thread, it becomes a war of words. I give John credit(or whomever). It seems he did give you a "I am sorry". Then you went off and never gave the dialog time to evolve into something more suiting. For both parties. Asking him to call you is kind of too much. He did tell you he is busy and what is the best way to get ahold of him really fast. He also gave a number to call. You could of set a time to call to speak to him. Communication is key in issues. I believe this deal could of been much much better for both of you. In all honestly(minus opinions) he was upfront, and looked like he was trying to help you.

To be honest, I didn't really want to send the item back. I just wanted to know that I had the option to do so if it came to that. Like I said, even a small store credit or free shipping on my next purchase would have been sufficient, or he could have just offered to reimburse shipping costs. He did nothing, and that's why I gave him a bad review, filed a complaint (also suggested by someone on this forum), and posted this thread.

That was replied to by him. He mentioned that you had to be sure. He did not have a problem giving a RMA to you. He wanted you to be sure. Once you told him that you was sure, I bet you got your RMA. Asking for him to eat the cost is out of the ordinary. If you bought a bag of cherry tomatos in a package store and found out that you got charged for more expensive beefsteaks. Would you ask the vendor to pay for the gas or offer to pay for the gas to get back to the store and fix the issue? Kind of abstract, but close. If you would of not been so fast on the buton, I believe he would of worked with you. You see everyone giving Jab-Tech props here. There is a reason. They take care of us, if given the chance. The key is benifit of the doubt.

It's over now, and I have learned something from all of this. In the future, I'll research my purchases much more carefully from now on, and I won't contact the vendor until I am completely positive that I want to RMA the item, if it ever comes to that again.

Well discussing a product and vendors is one of the nice things here. Sometimes we hear things we do not gree with. Wording is key. You noticed my error right away. Tolerance is a good thing. Now the tables are turned and we are having a discussion and part of your gripe is hopefull resoleve or least you came to a conclusion that you may of asked to much from the vendor.

One thing I have learned in life. I want to share this. If you feel slighted by words. Reply with kindness and you will shine everytime. Not everyone will seem nice at first. It is the intention that matters. The whole time I have been on your side to a degree, but you did not see my intentions or allowed me to correct my posts(mistakes). That is one of the drawbacks of quoting someone. All I could do is reply to you and hopefully not make it worse. If you notice the pattern here. The quoting makes it get worse and worse. Asking someone their intention if you think they are targeting you is a good way to find out what the heck they are typing. Sometimes intention does not bode well in text. Or the person does not mean to be mean.

Last edited:
I'm surprised!

This is all about active PFC?? Do you know what active PFC does? It makess the inductive power draw the same as the capacative draw. It would ONLY matter, here in the USA, if you were in a large corporate environment, and needed to match these, for the corporate power consumption. As far as the power coming out of a PSU, it is COMPLETELY useless to have.

Some PSU manufacturers advertise it, because it is a required feature in the UK, or to put something fancy-looking in their specs. (Ooh, it has active PFC, it must be better.)

For you to be complaining about no active PFC, is like a blind person complaining about getting a red car, instead of a dark pink one.

Oh, I have never done business with JabTek, so I have NO opinion on their company.

steve

One more minor thing, Active PFC, here in the USA, is about as useful as a car with a kickstand. (Or, a sterering wheel on the right side, as well as the normal one.)

You just don't need it over here, and that is why JabTek (or Sunbeam) doesn't sell it.

What really surprises me, is you got a PSU with 2 places for corrosion to occur, in the wiring. Those modular PSUs have wires that unplug from the PSU, as well as at the other end. Because there is a disconnect there, corrosion can show up there. (You really can't eliminate the connection at the other end.)

steve

skou said:
This is all about active PFC?? Do you know what active PFC does? It makess the inductive power draw the same as the capacative draw. It would ONLY matter, here in the USA, if you were in a large corporate environment, and needed to match these, for the corporate power consumption. As far as the power coming out of a PSU, it is COMPLETELY useless to have.

Some PSU manufacturers advertise it, because it is a required feature in the UK, or to put something fancy-looking in their specs. (Ooh, it has active PFC, it must be better.)

Then why list it in the description of the item? Even if it is just to make the specs "more fancy" as you say. If I order something, I expect to get it. Whether it's important or not, alot of PSUs list Active PFC in their spec description. Sunbeam clearly indicated that the item didn't have Active PFC. Jab-Tech clearly indicated that it did. I didn't know I needed to doublecheck Jab-Tech's item specs. From now on, I will doublecheck everyone's.

skou said:
What really surprises me, is you got a PSU with 2 places for corrosion to occur, in the wiring. Those modular PSUs have wires that unplug from the PSU, as well as at the other end. Because there is a disconnect there, corrosion can show up there. (You really can't eliminate the connection at the other end.)

Oh well.

Modular power supplies are starting to become very popular for obvious reasons, but there are a few potential drawbacks. Modular plugs can add electrical resistance to the lead. What this means is that almost all modular power supplies are going to be sacrificing voltage efficiency to incorporate this very convenient feature. Another drawback is corrosion of plug pins which could further hinder the unit’s ability to serve good voltages to components. We are talking minimal amounts here so don’t worry too much. Essentially by having modular connectors it’s adding an additional weak link into the circuitry of a power supply to the same extent as dust covering heatsinks inside the PSU or corroded component plugs can. On the plus side, however, it also extends the “pros” of a power supply by having excellent potential for cable routing inside your PC. So, you loose some, you gain some, and whether or not modular plugs put you off will entirely come down to how important the above is to you. Is it important to me? Not really. For a critical system like a server or a real workstation I would not install a modular power supply, but for any type of home system I would not even blink an eye.

Kilyin said:
Then why list it in the description of the item? Even if it is just to make the specs "more fancy" as you say. If I order something, I expect to get it. Whether it's important or not, alot of PSUs list Active PFC in their spec description. Sunbeam clearly indicated that the item didn't have Active PFC. Jab-Tech clearly indicated that it did. I didn't know I needed to doublecheck Jab-Tech's item specs. From now on, I will doublecheck everyone's.

The thing is, active PFC is useless here, and will cost you more in electricity. Your continued demands that JabTek give it, is completely rediculous. It isn't worth the cost of RMAing the PSU. They have edited the website to reflect their (EXTREMELY TINY) mistake, and have offered to RMA it, provided that you pay shipping.

YOU have blown this COMPLETELY out of proportion, and should probably just let it drop.

(If given the choice between a PSU with active PFC, and the exact same PSU without, I'd PAY $5 MORE to get the one without!)

steve

d94 said:
jab-tech= teh pwn
i ordered @ 11am, they shipped @ 1pm :D

Yup, I have nothing but good things to say, Order in the morning, It's on it's way in the afternoon. Excellent service, Quality products at competitive prices, Very fast shipping, All adds up to an excellent vendor in my book.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

jab-tech.jpg

Kilyin, I think you need to re-evaluate your expectations from vendors. If you need something quick, go local. If they are offering to replace it or credit it, but you pay shipping, that is fair. Did you go to the MANUFACTORS site and confirm what they are offering. The Customer is always right, when they are right. Relax. Have a beer. It will be ok.

The numbers don't lie man. It's kind of like overclocking.

I just thought it was funny that jab-tech received another bad review because of their horrible return practices.

Does jab-tech have competitive pricing and fast shipping? Yes. Does their customer service and return rating leave alot to be desired? Sure looks like it. 4.5 lifetime rating.

You guys want to say Active PFC doesn't matter, and it probably doesn't. It's still a selling point on alot of PSUs. Whether it's just marketing jargon in this part of the world is irrelevant. Don't advertise what you can't deliver.

the only reason to buy a PSU with PFC is to make the power company happy.

it is NOT a feature you missed out on.

it is ridiculous that you made an issue out of it.

unless you live in an area where PFC is required there is absolutely no reason for you to want it and no reason to insist jab-tech pay to get it to you.

Last edited:
Kilyin said:
The numbers don't lie man. It's kind of like overclocking.
QUOTE]

you are finally 100% correct. The numbers don't lie. 9.64 lifetime customer service score. chill out and have a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back