• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jesus christ had a vocabulary, one day I will too :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Jesus christ

When is the new "z" stepping 3.0 coming out? been waiting to see what it can do.

While I'm far from a choir boy, find a better title for threads than this. This is a strictly PG rated forum, and the taking of Christ's name in vain is no replacement for a suitable thread title.

-larva
Forum Moderator

Contrary to popular belief, it's likely that the "Z" stepping of the 3.0C will not be equal to the second coming of Christ.

Just thought I'd mention that... :D

Albuquerque said:
Contrary to popular belief, it's likely that the "Z" stepping of the 3.0C will not be equal to the second coming of Christ.

i laughed :eek:

Albuquerque said:

will it be better than his first coming?

ehhh something is better than nothing! so i guess no one knows huh.

i want more info on these Z steppings, not religious crap lol.. this is the first i've heard of a 'z' step. now i'm gonna be tossed up between a new d0 stepping prescott or a z stepping northwood.

I'm assuming he meant M0 stepping Northwood. The 2.4C M0 stepping has a s-spec code of SL6Z3 and the 2.8C M0 stepping has a s-spec code of SL6Z5. Supposedly there was going to be a M0 stepping for the 2.6C called SL6Z4, but it never happened. I think it's the "Z" in the s-spec that he was referring too.

To make things more confusing, there is a 3.0C D1 stepping that has a s-spec of SL78Z too.

Nothing is listed on the Intel website yet, so there is no way to tell. Who knows? Nothing listed in the s-spec finder about the D0 stepping Prescotts either and they are supposed to be released in two days.

I think he's refering to the SL78Z which is the replacement for the SL6WK and SL6WU. All three are D-1 stepping. There is no "Z" stepping. They have been available according to Intel since Nov. 03 but have yet to hit the end user market in the US.

Here is the Intel Info on the conversion:

SL78Z conversion details

yeah i've kinda been waitin to buy a cpu until i have a good chance at overclocking to 4ghz too. 4ghz (on air) has been my goal for months.. so i wait on

situman said:
i have a feeling this is going to be another 2.6c "z." MIA

No, the SL78Z is real. A guy from Singapore posted a picture of the retail box it came in along with his overclock results.

SL78Z Thread

Last edited:
Back