• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just hit 2535mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there is nothing "funny" about this. LOL! its an obsession. i hear voices in my head all day,"MUST go FASTER". so in the summer i work on my car ('98 Pontiac G.P. GTP :burn: ) to make it GO FASTER, and in winter i mod my computer to make it GO FASTER.

hmmm, a TEC chilled intercooler.....

ill probly have to back off the OC :( & turn down the AC & run my duct to an AC vent vs. the window. my 13x210 wasnt totally stable so i had to back off that already :cry: and @13x208 i seem to be able to run @ lower V so that will help temps.

but since there are still 3 months of "cold" weather, im not too worried about it..(maybe ill have a phase change setup by then...NOT) and anyway, ill be thinkn about HP not MHz in the summer. (maybe ill have a '04 GTO :drool: by then....NOT)

this question of summer temps has been eating away at me so i tried things without the window duct today.....

i think ive created the worlds most inefficient space heater. :D i can see that ive been spoiled by that duct. even with a lower OC (214x12 @1.93V) my water temps are going NUTS! 33C (90F) is a little warmer than 10C (50F)!

this little test has shown me one thing, i have 3 months to come up with better cooling than a BIX II with 4 x 120mm (126CFM) fans. Bong (hits) come to mind, but for now the duct is back in place :cool:

Mustanley
if you want to put your chiller to the test, add that 226 watt TEC to your loop. :p

Heat has driven me to do things to my PC that make many people cringe. If you havent heard already, that Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer is a real good way to remove heat. Since it pulls heat outta the case, I can now run at a higher voltage during the summer:D

Man those Radeons get awefully toasty!

How many MIPS and MFLOPS does it produce in Sandrasisofts CPU arithmetic bench?

Any of you guys over 2.5 ?? :)

I'm thinking about trading my junkmaster locked 2500+ in and buying a 3200 -

Just ran Sandra2004 and got 9110 MIPS and 3763 MFLOPS.
This was at 210x12 (2520MHz) and while FOLDING of course.

only one yes .......and yes it does so much so that ive had it off the last day and i had to switch the radiator on :(

Nice OC but holy crap! A savage 32 MB?
What the hell you OCing for?
I still OC only for gamingt. No need to run exel at 2.5 ghz.
Or you doing some real CPU dependant offic work?

mustrum said:
Nice OC but holy crap! A savage 32 MB?
What the hell you OCing for?
I still OC only for gamingt. No need to run exel at 2.5 ghz.
Or you doing some real CPU dependant offic work?

haha lol nope i just like to see how far i can push the cpu and motherboard :D

but im getting a 9800xt in feb ;)

yes and going further into the obyss !!!!!!!

2630.jpg

Back