• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Installed Micron ram......will never go back!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I just installed a stick of 7.5ns 256mb, and a stick of 128mb Micron ram. It performs much smoother than the PNY sticks that I had in my computer before. Not that the PNY was bad, but the Micron scores better in Sandra, and it seems to run smoother too.:D

Last edited:
I had a 256meg stick of micron PC 133 cas2 before I bought my DDR. Thats why I got Crucial DDR which is a division of micron. Exact same ram. It is good quality ram in my opinion as well.

luie said:
Yeah, Miron rams are Crucial ones only Micro are a lower grade.

This is just my opinion, but I dont believe Micron is a lower grade. I believe Crucial is more of a sales pitch then anything else. Once again this is only my opinion.

bdf24 said:

This is just my opinion, but I dont believe Micron is a lower grade. I believe Crucial is more of a sales pitch then anything else. Once again this is only my opinion.

I just put some Cricial in and finally I am running 2-2-2. This is amazing that an on-chip SPD is finally accurate!! I am happy with Crucial.

TranceBear said:

I just put some Cricial in and finally I am running 2-2-2. This is amazing that an on-chip SPD is finally accurate!! I am happy with Crucial.

I agree that Crucial is very good ram. But I also had Micron PC133 before I bought my Crucial DDR. The micron ran at 2-2-2 just as it stated it would. In any system I've put it in.

I've also had very good luck with corsair ram as well. I once bought some Corsair PC 133 cas 3. I ran that ram at 140mhz fsb @ cas 2-2-2 with no trouble at all. I never tried any faster then that though.

TranceBear said:

Hows about some sandra benchies? Finally at 2-2-2, niiiiiiiiiiiice

bdf24 said:

Your right, Micron isn't a lower grade, Micron is a chip man. and a lot of other brands use their chips (TCC, Corsair....) its just that they make different chips (7.5ns, 7E......). The 7E chips are a bit better/faster.

Just got a stick of Crucial CAS2 PC133 this summer (256 MB). Does CAS2 with 4 way interleaving at 133 MHz no problem... I havent pushed it much harder than that. I'll probably go through Crucial for the rest of my memory purchases... they ship nice and fast and it seems if you hang around here, they always have a link for a discount/free shipping.....

SickBoy

Yes, I got very lucky in that when I built my first system the store where I bought all my memory only sold Micron.I have 3 sticks of 128 pc133 in my KT7A and it will run at 158 FSB.That seems to be the limit though.I can run it up to 146 at cas2.Very good memory indeed!I also have about 384mgs of Micron2100 for my 8K7A+ and a stick of Corsair2400.I haven't got a chance to try out the Corsair yet.I'm hoping that if that's what is holding me back on my KT7A then maybe I will be able to hit over 160 on my Epox with the 2400 ram.

i am very unlucky with my winbond rams...
can't go at 2-2-2... only the stupid 3-3-3
and it say pc 133 and i can only go to 100fsb....

Back