• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JUST installed WD black NVME 3000mbps into my msi b360-a pro,NOW my 2nd monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Okay... so i don't understand whats going on. I have a Corsair mp500 120GB nvme and whenever i have that installed there is NO issues of my 2nd monitor not showing up.

BUT, if i install my recently bought WD BLACK NVME, my 2nd monitor doesn't show up? I don't get it? Is it because my WD nvme is taking up more resources? There for my 2nd monitor doesn't show up?

I reset my bios many times, to removing the cmos battery, to reinstalling windows several times, STILL my 2nd monitor doesn't show up?

I do lots of video editing and having a 2nd monitor is extremely important to me. Please if anyone can help me out there would be great. My 2nd monitor is hooked up to my MOBO DVI port. I have a intel i5 8400, 16GB, 1060gtx 6gb.

The whole reason why i bought a WD black nvme cause it has faster mpbs (3000, which helps me in video rendering) VS my Corsair mp500 which i believe has 1800 mbps.

Im not sure offhand why it is happening....but connect that 2nd monitor to the GPU instead.

Im not sure offhand why it is happening....but connect that 2nd monitor to the GPU instead.

Hi, thanks for the response. Okay, i think i figured out the issue. So i have a normal SSD (non nvme) drive and installed fresh copy of windows and i am STILL getting the same issue. Where my 2nd monitor won't show up. Now my Corsair mp500 which i had my windows already installed months ago works fine. Where my 2nd monitor shows up. So basically when i install my previous MP500 nvme drive my 2nd monitor shows up, but if i install a fresh copy of windows on my new WD BLACK nvme or juts a normal SSD to a normal mechanical HD my 2nd monitor doesn't show up?

I reseted bios and am still facing the same issue. The 2nd monitor i have doesn't have a HDMi port and my 1060gtx only has like 3 Hdmi ports and one DVI port, so i have no choice but to hook up my DVI port on my MSi B360 A-PRO mobo.

I thought it was an PSU issue, but that isn't the case.

Yes, get an adapter that converts DVI to HDMI or visa versa, whatever you need. The video signal of DVI and HDMI is the same. The only difference is that HDMI also carries an audio signal.

Losing the second monitor when plugging in the drives probably has something to do with PCI-e lane restrictions on the motherboard. Check the motherboard documentation to see what the restrictions are.

Please create a Sig listing your system components.

Are you using more than one drive at a time, or replacing the old NVME with the new one? I was going down the same track as trents, but if you're having the same issue with a SATA drive and NO m.2 installed, it shouldn't be a problem. Well it may be possible that your motherboard still has some conflicts with some SATA ports, so you should still check your manual and try a different SATA port.

Really it's sounding more like a driver / software setup issue to me though.

Back