• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KK266 and Turck Bios My Views on both

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goman

Registered
I am a fairly new menber of the over clockers comunity. I have the KK266 and had no problems out of it, then thanks to YO returning an Email I had sent to him I have now downloaded the Turk Bios and am using it now with about a 7-8% gain in MEM bench though Sandra and YES I CAN shut down my computer.
Now I have been hearing all this about Iwill being a problem but in my veiw they are no worse than any of the others. Well I thought I was the most unlucky guy around but I now think that the way most of you have all these problems with your board be it Abit Asus MSI or Iwill and I have had NONE with mine and yes I own an MSI also with a classic Athlon and I had no probles with it. SO my conclusion of this whole thing is that I MUST BE A VERY LUCKY GUY or the hand full of you having all these probles are just very unlucky.
Thank you all for you help, advice and the opportunity to voice my views on the toppic. If you have any on the KK266 and or the Turk Bios please add to this string. Maybe if all of the issues are all lockated close and in one string we could see a trend and maybe find a cure for some of the problems. Thanks

Glad I could help.

I am back in business btw - Iwill came through with the second bios chip, this time the correct one. Reflashed the old chip with the new turk bios, and am flying along at 1360/151 right now. I also noticed that our turkish friends added more multipliers to the bios. It now goes up to 15(!)

Yo.

i just bought the iwill kk266 this weekend with a 800 duron processor. processor refuses to hit a gig, but i'm running 140 * 7 @ 980, with cas2 and four way interleave. processor is at 40 degrees C with max voltage under full load, i guess the chip is unwilling.

i am having an issue with my leadtek geforce gts though. installed the latest 4 in 1 drivers from via with no success. leadtek cards come with demos, i can't seem to get the "island of morg" and "reflections" demos to work. i get hardware errors of DDERR_INVALIDPIXELFORMAT for "reflections" and the standard illegal operation for "island of morg."

except for my vid card issue board seems great and am glad that i choose it.

josh

Josh (Mar 10, 2001 11:21 p.m.):
i just bought the iwill kk266 this weekend with a 800 duron processor. processor refuses to hit a gig, but i'm running 140 * 7 @ 980, with cas2 and four way interleave. processor is at 40 degrees C with max voltage under full load, i guess the chip is unwilling.

i am having an issue with my leadtek geforce gts though. installed the latest 4 in 1 drivers from via with no success. leadtek cards come with demos, i can't seem to get the "island of morg" and "reflections" demos to work. i get hardware errors of DDERR_INVALIDPIXELFORMAT for "reflections" and the standard illegal operation for "island of morg."

except for my vid card issue board seems great and am glad that i choose it.

josh

How about 6.5 x 150/152?

How about 6.5 x 150/152?[/quote]

well after testing with prime95 7 x 140 gives hardware errors during torture test. 6 x 145 seems good, left prime95 running all night w/o a problem. 6.5 x 145 gives hardware errors as well. i'm really shooting for stability over high clock speed. is it worth hitting 150 fsb if you have to run at cas3 instead of cas2?

thanks,
josh

Josh (Mar 11, 2001 12:36 p.m.):
How about 6.5 x 150/152?

... is it worth hitting 150 fsb if you have to run at cas3 instead of cas2?

thanks,
josh[/quote]

I'd say check the overall memory throughput with sandra. If CAS3@ 150 is faster then CAS2@140 it's obviously worth it.

Yo

I'd say check the overall memory throughput with sandra. If CAS3@ 150 is faster then CAS2@140 it's obviously worth it.

Yo[/quote]

thanks for the advice Yo, 150 * 6.5 with cas3 seems to be the ticket. getting a sandra score of 546/627 compared to 529/614 for 145 * 6 at cas2. i wasn't even going to try 150*6.5 since 140*7 and 145 * 6.5 were failing prime95. played unreal for a good part of the day and ran prime95 w/o any problems, going to let prime95 run all night and next day just to be sure, but i don't think i'll have a problem. thanks again for your help!

josh

Iwill KK266 rev 1.2
duron 800 @ 150 * 6.5
leadtek geforce gts 32 mb
2 128 crucial pc 133
maxtor 40 gb HD

Those scores are not drastically different, but good if you can achieve better stability. Are you using the Turk bios? Also, if you head on over to crucial you will find 128MB of best CAS2 RAM for less than $60 shipped, and 256 for under $95. If you can swing it, it may be a good investment - I am getting 650/725 at 156.

Yo

Back