• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's talk compression fittings!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks like it will be tight, just did a test fit. I may have to go with a hard 90° and not a swivel one. What do you all use in the loop to keep the loop clean? Solve kill coil? PT Nuke?

Pics of the test fit:

Attachments

• 1453159511968.jpg
    1453159511968.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 46
I am paying attention to this build as I am pondering doing a loop in my wife's build in this case......

Looks good and I would say yeah a hard 90 would most likely be the way to go............

I am paying attention to this build as I am pondering doing a loop in my wife's build in this case......

Looks good and I would say yeah a hard 90 would most likely be the way to go............

Granted I don't have the res, but an ekwb revo d5 res pump combo might fit a bit better. It's kinda tight with the standalone pump. But I got the pump res as a combo from the classifieds. If I was buying new, I would pickup that or a photon 170 from xspc. You would have to fab a bracket for either, I think, but it wouldn't block airflow as much.

Side note, since there are knowledgeable people here, should I go: inside<fan<rad<case/filter

Or:

Inside<rad<fan<case/filter?

You could leave the fans the way they are in push configuration.

Don't worry about using angled fittings, including the 90 degree ones. Those premium pumps are more than capable of handling all of that, even in a complex loop. They'll just need to be run harder, depending on the flow of the loop.

Looking at your images, it does look like a very tight fit and don't like the fact that its fully blocking the top portion of the rad as that will reduce internal case airflow. A EK revo or better yet, a XSPC Photon would have been more fitting. Are you able to move that rad up top of the case? And by the looks of it, not even sure a 90 degree fitting will have enough room on that reservoir. If funds are tight, maybe you could grab something like this. I will admit its not the best case for watercooling but for simple loops, it should fit with the right H20 gear.

It looks like it will be tight, just did a test fit. I may have to go with a hard 90° and not a swivel one. What do you all use in the loop to keep the loop clean? Solve kill coil? PT Nuke?

Pics of the test fit:

I just use a coiled up strip of silver I got from the local jeweler. They had a sheet of silver they trimmed a strip off of for me and I just cooiled it around a Sharpie and then dropped it in the res.

Just a silver kill coil. Mine is from Primochill.

That's quite the tight bend wow..
Honestly, 90's are not bad on a loop anyway so use as many as you need :)

You could leave the fans the way they are in push configuration.

Don't worry about using angled fittings, including the 90 degree ones. Those premium pumps are more than capable of handling all of that, even in a complex loop. They'll just need to be run harder, depending on the flow of the loop.

Looking at your images, it does look like a very tight fit and don't like the fact that its fully blocking the top portion of the rad as that will reduce internal case airflow. A EK revo or better yet, a XSPC Photon would have been more fitting. Are you able to move that rad up top of the case? And by the looks of it, not even sure a 90 degree fitting will have enough room on that reservoir. If funds are tight, maybe you could grab something like this. I will admit its not the best case for watercooling but for simple loops, it should fit with the right H20 gear.

Top only has space for a single 140, if that. It's pretty tight with just a fan. The 90 should fit, I had a bit of room with the panel on and just the barb. The 90s I was looking at weren't any taller than the barb.

I do like that res/top. Might have to put off buying fittings and buy that. I can always go with some barbs for now, then upgrade to compression fittings.

I have seen plenty of over the top builds in this case in the owners lounge at OCF. People have shoehorned in some significant hardware in this case. Ultimately I knew it was a smaller case, but I really liked the simplicity of the design. With next to no effort, even with out my watercooling gear in there, it looks super clean.

Thinking about it, and looking at res options within my price range (ie- none :p ), I think this build will work for the time being. Those fans can use the CM 212 (no fan on the 212, the noctua's mounted where they are now) as a heatsink tower, and cool the 8320e @ 4ghz. They should be able to work around the res well enough. It'll add some turbulence for sure, but I'll start saving for a new res and or pump to better sit up there or down where the D5 is in those pics.

Looking sharp there Blue. It's coming together nicely ;) Maybe a tube res for the D5 will work for you:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/reservoirs/shopby/pump-type--d5/res-type--tube-res/?p=1

Saves space and you can still use the D5 with it all in one.

That's the plan. Just donno if I should put the build on hold till I get the tube res and top or just let it rip as is.

Was looking at this guy, would simplify my loop, but it would also put it on hold as I would have to wait a few paychecks for fittings and such.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/prim...ir-system-phase-2-d5-enabled-120mm-clear.html

Sitting at over $40 + shipping for fittings and mounting hardware, but this could reduce it a hair. Gonna do some measurements in the evening tomorrow and think some more about it.

My advice: Wait till you have everything, then build it. Pain in the arse if you build it now, then rip it apart to rebuild it again a 2nd time.

That tube res will work very nicely. ;)

Back