• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VIII October: SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
freeagent / X5690 E.S. / Air / 8m 15.837s

Capture.JPG

I couldn't get my good ram to run.. Super Talent Chrome Hypers, G.Skill BBSE, OCZ PSC the 1600 6-8-6 Reapers.. Just my bastard mixed set of 8GB Skill RipJawsX 2x8 mixed with a Reaper HPC lol. effin finicky sometimes.

I did pull the battery and clear the CMOS so whatevs, it'll run like this until it decides not to I guess :shrug:

:D

Freeagent, 1.6vcore, why that's murder! Tell me, were you able to pull that CPU out after the run, or it welded itself into the socket?
I guess you're wearing that "benching team" badge for a reason:salute: :thup:

I have a slight urge to spank that score, but tranquility......

Indeed, plenty of time for spanks. As for vcore it was still in the yellow at 1.59375 :D I probably could have used less, but not too much. When I get my other ram working I can improve on that.

Edit:

Side note:

My previous top speed for that cpu was 4806 iirc.

Edit again:

Ok vcore was a bit on the high side, but it ran cool.

Last edited:
Making a start on this now... want to check one thing. I take it Win10 is ok here for AMD given most subs use it? Been preparing my 3700X system, got ABBA bios on it now, required an update to Ryzen Master before that worked again. Also updated chipset drivers while at it... deciding between two ram kits, doing baseline testing superpi crashed out. CPU was running PBO at the time... still not a great start. I've forgotten how much "fun" this is...

Making a start on this now... want to check one thing. I take it Win10 is ok here for AMD given most subs use it? Been preparing my 3700X system, got ABBA bios on it now, required an update to Ryzen Master before that worked again. Also updated chipset drivers while at it... deciding between two ram kits, doing baseline testing superpi crashed out. CPU was running PBO at the time... still not a great start. I've forgotten how much "fun" this is...

According to HWBot rules, Win10 is NOT allowed for this benchmark. On this forum, I don't really care this is for fun and if something seemed really out of whack I would say something. ABBA, ha Mack is downloading ABBA again :rofl:

Freeagent, 1.6vcore, why that's murder! Tell me, were you able to pull that CPU out after the run, or it welded itself into the socket?
I guess you're wearing that "benching team" badge for a reason:salute: :thup:

I have a slight urge to spank that score, but tranquility......

Here's one for you to spank Taco

Johan45/ i7-980x/ AIO/ 8m 10.703s

980x  8m 10.703s.jpg

Grr, my ram will smoke at 1025mhz! this is what I get for running my mouth...get put right where I belong.:p
I'll give her another try in the evening.....because x58!!!! Yeah brah! I feel like Trickson's intel alternative.:D

Nice man, I sure do miss the good dividers. I am considering a W3690 now :D

Just looked at ebay for a 980 hmm seems reasonable..

I got this one in a lot from MaddMutt. Altogether it was a good deal but the REX was dear when I got it a couple of years ago

mackerel / 3700X / Air / 8m 31.869s

CPU core running 4525 MHz during run. 4575 was stable for 1M but not 32M. 4600 remained unstable at max voltage of 1.55v

spi32m-8m31s869.png

I think that RAM is killing you Mack

I think that RAM is killing you Mack

I need a break. Spent a load of time on that system already. Replaced the CM 240mm AIO with a D15. With like for like system fans it was a couple degrees hotter under Prime95 but pump vibration is finally gone. Yay! Added an extra case fan too which required taking out the cooler and GPU in order to get the screws in, but not retested since. At least I know where the CPU is if I summon the strength to give it another go. I can't find my notes on this ram, as I do remember tightening it previously. While I know it does 4000 the timings are so slack it isn't worth it, and that I couldn't tighten much when I last tried. So if I do anything, it'll be around tightening it at 3600.

Mr.Johan and Freeagent Gentlemen,
Initializing spank........[successful]
:clap: :D

UltraTaco / x5670 / watery / 8m 06.688s

run1.jpg

Back