• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am simply stating, regardless what the actual rules state many have it enabled, be it it helps or not.

Until they start enforcing it this particular rule is not relevant

It is relevant for someone like me who address all the whiners on the bot who pick apart submissions just for fun. When it comes down to it I don't know if they would allow it or not if someone reported it. It IS against their rules. Sometimes it matter, sometimes not. I would just hate for someone to lose a great sub for something easily corrected beforehand. If it's reported what am I supposed to say? That it doesn't matter because scores won't change? Or you're right I'll have to ask them to remove it or do it myself.

It is relevant for someone like me who address all the whiners on the bot who pick apart submissions just for fun. When it comes down to it I don't know if they would allow it or not if someone reported it. It IS against their rules. Sometimes it matter, sometimes not. I would just hate for someone to lose a great sub for something easily corrected beforehand. If it's reported what am I supposed to say? That it doesn't matter because scores won't change? Or you're right I'll have to ask them to remove it or do it myself.
Exactly. Its in the rules, we should follow it, if ONLY for the captains that deal with people reporting subs...regardless if there is change in scores (or not in this case).

Its simply doing the right thing and staying above board.

Did a quick search but came up with nothing helpful. I don't bench nVidia very often so I'll ask. How does one disable Physx? I'm sure it's a simple step that I missed. Sorry for the trouble.

Just go to the Nvidia Control Panel, right click on desktop. Set it to CPU for Physx

I leave it on auto in NVCP since its disabled by default in all benchmarks that could use it. K.I.S.S.

EDIT: In order to use the GPU for PhysX in anything, I believe you need to enable it in the actual benchmark AND change it in NVCP to force the GPU? Its been so long so don't quote me on that. As I said it does NOT use it by default anyway.

But since it shows, I guess I will have to start switching it. I thought GPUz reported it as a function of the card, not that it was enabled/disabled.

Last edited:
I always have it enabled, for no other reason than I forget to turn it off.

I imagine this is why so many bench this test with it enabled.

Hard to believe there are people who report submissions ????

That is crazy ?

I leave it on auto in NVCP since its disabled by default in all benchmarks that could use it. K.I.S.S.

EDIT: In order to use the GPU for PhysX in anything, I believe you need to enable it in the actual benchmark AND change it in NVCP to force the GPU? Its been so long so don't quote me on that. As I said it does NOT use it by default anyway.

Pretty sure the default is auto E_D and it shows on GPUz as active.

I always have it enabled, for no other reason than I forget to turn it off.

I imagine this is why so many bench this test with it enabled.

Hard to believe there are people who report submissions ????

That is crazy ?

You wouldn't believe who stoopid it gets sometimes Witchy. I had a Memory read sub reported , my pic had Flares in the system but I used Corsair in that particular bench. Even though all mem subs are just DDR3 in general nothing to do with brand.

Wow,

Those guys need to get a life

Had one of my subs reported once, PM Christian and he told the person who reported it to pound sand

Thi stuff is not life or death, Guess you will always have guys like that though.

I will try to remember to disable it moving forward, don't see those clowns reporting Vivi, Vince or 8 pack though ???

They probably would get banned ...... :rofl:

Yikes

I don't care enough to take the time to report them

I would re-think that bro, Take the high road, that is why they have mods there

Defiantly would not report those top FS subs I linked

Some of the best in the game

Yikes

I don't care enough to take the time to report them

I would re-think that bro, Take the high road, that is why they have mods there

Defiantly would not report those top FS subs I linked

Some of the best in the game

I report things that are blatantly illegal.
PCM05 with high XP speeds, wrong hardware, wrong score, etc.
I'm not going in and nitpicking, but we shouldn't be seeing submissions with 8x i7 mobile CPU's. That literally isn't possible.

TBH I never really looked at subs that close,

typically just the SS to see what driver / speeds they were using to get said result

8x i7 mobile CPU's .... lmao seriously

TBH I never really looked at subs that close,

typically just the SS to see what driver / speeds they were using to get said result

8x i7 mobile CPU's .... lmao seriously

That screenshot, which was 5760 pixels wide, with so many tabs you couldn't see any text was ALLLLLLLLLL i5/i7/FX/Phenom chips with 2x, 4x, 8x etc
Which it's literally impossible for any of those platforms to have multi-socket.
Massman said they put it in the backlog to implement something where only certain platforms can submit to multi-socket.

The only subs I've ever reported were completely false subs. Like using CPUz to hide the BM Score and the clocks in CPUz weren't close to attaining the number they were claiming.

Pretty sure the default is auto E_D and it shows on GPUz as active.
Yes, indeed default is auto and GPUz shows it enabled...perhaps I have been lucky my dozens of vantage submissions haven't been reported. Since they changed it to disabled within the actual benchmark to default disabled years ago, I have always used the auto function. The CPU score is off the charts in Vantage when it uses a GPU for PhysX.

My personal feeling on this it is not our job under any circumstances to police the the HWBot

At some point HWBot has to be held accountable for it's own moderation.

I have never reported a sub, IMO the proper thing to do if you see something like that is to call them out on the submission response field and make them accountable for the result. I have done this with great success. typically it is someone in a hurry that clicked on the wrong drop down being they were in a hurry. The sub gets fixed and everyone is happy

Sort of like Terra Raptor called out Woomack on an XTU sub, members chimed in, the sub was legit and Terra Raptor was satisfied with the explanation , everyone is happy

http://hwbot.org/submission/2706599_

Can't say I have seen any subs that were people intentionally cheating

Mostly, as you said, its simple mistakes like missing something out of the requirements in the screenshot or inputing something wrong, like ATM's 8x CPU. Stuff like that affects boints and rankings.

When I was a mod on hwbot then I was blocking a lot of results where people were cheating or were trying to hide something. Actually I was checking many submissions ( at that time maybe 90% of whole mod team ) and the way how "overclockers" were acting was causing me to bench less as I was losing any point to compete in these rankings. Looking from outside all seem much better.

Witchy, we're not policing, we're simply alerting the mods to the submission.
How it's handled, that's up to them.

Back