• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM5, can I trust it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RatFink

Registered
It shows I'm running a 40' c when under load, if this is right then this new alpha+92mm panaflo rocks.

also it shows my vcore settings at 1.65 when under load when I know I'm set at 1.725 (I had to go that high to get it to run at 140 fsb) whew... that kinda worries me going that much above stock voltage.

Also, I'm using Asus2 as my CPU sensor, and Asus1 as my mobo sensor, that's right I think.

I have never had any problems with MBM5, I checked it against the temps I got in Sandra I think it was, and they were the same,

Funny...my CV is shown as 1.65 too, though I know that it's 1.75...my system is perfectly stable (no OC at the moment)

-- Core voltages change per CPU type/version and I for one cannot detect these automatically
- A sensor chip might support 2 core voltages but you may only have 1 cpu so only 1 valid core line. Often if this is the case the board maker uses the other -spare- core line to display the 1.5 or 2.5 voltage line.

What we can see from the above screenshot is that my core0 is 2.08 and my core1 is 2.51. It is very clear that core1 in fact is nothing else but the 2.5 voltage line and that core0 is my real cpu core voltage.

Our next step is to make this clear to MBM 5. For this we again head over to the Settings window and the voltage section. Let's first go again to the Visual section of the voltage area by simply clicking on the Visual button. Next select Core1 from the 2nd listbox labeled MBM Voltage Senso

that is from the help in mbm5... the first time i ran it a while back i had the same problem- turns out i was reading the wrong core meter. Other than that, MBM5 has been rock stable and i think it is the number one monitoring program on the market.

Thanx guys, I was pretty sure I could trust it, but 40'c under load just seemed like more than I could hope for with that vcore.

BTW, I only made it 45 mins in prime 95 before I got an error, I'm running memtest86 right now to see if it's the memory. funny thing though is in the bios hardware monitor it shows my vcore as 1.65 flashing up to 1.71, and when it does that it's in red as if it's an error. this caused me to stop during post and get an error message that sayd "Hardware monitor detects a problem" or something like that.

should I disable "Halt on all errors"?

Back